Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster SCT Final

• 13-03-2007 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭

Head says Michaels, Heart says Michaels.

Just hope they can pull it off in the final.

Who'll win it? 37 votes

Michaels
    0% 0 votes
    Clongowes
    100% 37 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Michaels are obviously winning it the one year I don't have a ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

i go Michaels too -- but it will be a close call -- the one thing about Clongowes they are always well drilled, competetive and dogged --- never had an easy match against them .

Sangre wrote:
    Michaels are obviously winning it the one year I don't have a ticket.
    You'd be gutted :p.

I'll enjoy the match and pop into Kielys afterwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well, Clongowes have beaten Michael's twice in the finals before, I believe. I hope Michael's get their revenge.

• Advertisement

wow theres a lot of michaels or ex michaels here -- anyone fessing up to Clongowes -- i think my mate Chucky might be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

St. Michael's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Clongowes will win it. Michaels will bottle it.

Clongowes will win it. Michaels will bottle it.
    We'll see. You can drag this post up and throw it back in my face come Sunday night if you're proven right, but I doubt it.

besty wrote:
    We'll see. You can drag this post up and throw it back in my face come Sunday night if you're proven right, but I doubt it.

Will you honestly be reading boards on sunday night ?:D

• Advertisement

I never said I'd read it on Sunday night! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

From what i've heard, both michaels centres are injured and wont be playing on sunday.

I'm saying Clongowes will win it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

BrynW wrote:
    From what i've heard, both michaels centres are injured and wont be playing on sunday.

Thats a lie. Michaels to win by 13 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

daveirl wrote:

Isnt really sticking your neck out - both schools are run by priests and profess a strong Christian ethos.

Whats their creed got to do with it anyway?

daveirl wrote:

Never met a Pre. Or even heard of their religion. Nor that there was a cup contested between different religions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Sandwich wrote:
    Never met a Pre. Or even heard of their religion. Nor that there was a cup contested between different religions.
    dude, wtf are you talking about?

CBC Cork (Christian Brothers College Cork) or Christians

PBC Cork (Presentation Brothers College Cork) or Pres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Sandwich wrote:
    Soiling myself laughing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Michaels for the tripple!

13's, jct and sct.

Won my ticket in a raffle, wohoo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 mogsy

whats the injury situation like for michaels and clongowes?

daveirl wrote:

lol

I reckon some people just need to leave the big smoke more often!;)

Da Bounca wrote:

13's, jct and sct.

As did I. Know where/when to pick it up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Pick it up tomorrow.

Michael's to win, though if they lose I still win (Clongowes 3-1 each way)

RuggieBear wrote:
    dude, wtf are you talking about?

CBC Cork (Christian Brothers College Cork) or Christians

PBC Cork (Presentation Brothers College Cork) or Pres

Crikey! A schism in a Cork school!! And theyre going to decide the issue with a rugby match!!! Whose side is the Pope on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Jabba, pick it up at reception, as soon as possible.
    I think they are €16.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

On form would have to be Michaels quite comfortably but the fact they have never won it before seems to be affecting my decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

mogsy wrote:
    whats the injury situation like for michaels and clongowes?

Pratt the michaels centre who went off in the kilkenny match doesnt have a collapsed lung,but he has bruised ribs so i dunno if he'll be playing or not.

maxi-twist wrote:
    Pratt the michaels centre who went off in the kilkenny match doesnt have a collapsed lung,but he has bruised ribs so i dunno if he'll be playing or not.

His replacement Cian Grace who is a freind of a freind , is no mean replacment , ex Pres Bray -- besty woulkd know better , but when i've seen him play hes sharp.

• Advertisement

thebaz wrote:
    His replacement Cian Grace who is a freind of a freind , is no mean replacment , ex Pres Bray -- besty woulkd know better , but when i've seen him play hes sharp.
    Only saw him when he came on as a sub in the last game. Heard he isnt all he was made out to be. Apparently only made the team earlier in the year because he was an import.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

It's gotta be Michael's, backs totally outclass Clongowes. Might be a little trouble in the forwards but we'll pull it off, it's about time too.

Thankfully I managed to get a ticket, been to every senior cup game since I was like 6 or 7 and thought I wouldn't be able to get a ticket for the one final we're gonna win.

Da Bounca wrote:
    13's, jct and sct.
    Out of the 13s I heard, lost to rock. Double still on tho.

Marshy wrote:
    Out of the 13s I heard, lost to rock. Double still on tho.
    I watched it earlier. Willow Park won 14-10. I thought the referee was terrible. Hopefully it's not an omen for Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

As a former Blackrock student I really hope/expect Micheals to bottle it again...

Linford wrote:
    As a former Blackrock student I really hope/expect Micheals to bottle it again...

oh what a shock ! At least Michaels and other smaller schools don't need favours from referees , frightened of bearing the wrath of Rock .
    I have to say on a serious note , that the standard of refereeing that i have seen overall this year, has been quite shocking, as in appalling, for a competition with such interest !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Heart says Michaels, head says Clongowes.

It'll be tight, but I think Clongowes are an efficient unit and will do just enough to win. There'll only be one score between them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 the_hunter

Alright lads nd lassie's! Heres the deal... Clongowes r gonna beat Michaels... Womba, Womba...! Normally clongowes dont play girls but this sunday wer gonna ave ta lower ourselves and make an exception! :cool:

bye bye

How common of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Generally I support the Jesuits but I think Michael's turn has been a long time coming. I'd prefer the poetic justice of michael's trashing 'rock. However, they have a tradition of bottling it, but usually against 'Rock not others.

Like Ireland beat England but lose to France
    France beat Ireland but lose to England
    England beat France but lose to Ireland

Mary's Beat Belvo but lose to Rock
    Rock beat Mary's but lose to Belvo

So hopefully, as the curse of the trianlge theory doesn't apply to this game, I hope to see Michael's win a good game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jmccormack

Funky wrote:
    It's gotta be Michael's, backs totally outclass Clongowes. Might be a little trouble in the forwards but we'll pull it off, it's about time too.

I don't think you can just discard the clongowes backs considering that their two leinster schools representatives come from the backline. I have a feeling that clongowes might sneak it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

LFC5Times wrote:
    On form would have to be Michaels quite comfortably but the fact they have never won it before seems to be affecting my decision.

Don't forget that Clongowes seem to have more experience and ability than Michaels' at losing in finals over the last two decades !

I would like to see Michaels' win as it must be their turn by now. Wouldn't it be great if they won the double. Maybe not, as that guy on these boards or Leinster.ie will restart that thread about who we thought was the greatest ever Michaels' teams..........

Either way I just hope for a great game and that Fred tells us the right reasons for the penalties..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Da Bounca wrote:

13's, jct and sct.

Is that U 13's Cup competition still in existence ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

Wood if they could, but Michaels will.
    Still no ticket in spite trying everything short of a Faustian pact to get one. Will be in the pub serching for a ticket so see youse there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

jump the wall. pretend it's wesley circa 1998

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

NUTLEY BOY wrote:
    Don't forget that Clongowes seem to have more experience and ability than Michaels' at losing in finals over the last two decades !

I would like to see Michaels' win as it must be their turn by now. Wouldn't it be great if they won the double. Maybe not, as that guy on these boards or Leinster.ie will restart that thread about who we thought was the greatest ever Michaels' teams..........

Either way I just hope for a great game and that Fred tells us the right reasons for the penalties..

Clongowes do have more experience losing in finals than Michaels but only because they have been in so many finals, also they have won the SCT a few times, including one in 1991 I think... who were Clongowes opponents that year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

jump the wall. pretend it's wesley circa 1998
    or Hillsborough circa 1989? I know it is unlikely but it would be so awful for something to happen due to overcrowding that I am not going to take the risk. I remember as a kid the crush getting into Croagh Park. Now I would be ok with it but when you weigh half as much it is a different matter.
    I was bunking into Wesley at the same time so I am not claiming any high moral ground here.

There is bound to be problems tho. Tickets are very easy to forge. We all know there'll be some wall hopping too. It'll be almost impossible to stop these people getting in. My guess is there'll be around 8/9k in donnybrook on sunday. Bear in mind capacity is just over 6k.

NUTLEY BOY wrote:
    Is that U 13's Cup competition still in existence ?
    G'wan the Holy Ghost Cup. Keep out those stinkin' Jesuits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Good luck Michaels.

• Advertisement
Advertisement