Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car insurance totally need your help!

Options
  • 13-03-2007 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi everyone, have a huge major problem, boyfriend asked me to get him a few insurance quotes today, and i thought it would be a very simple thing to do, but no! he has an endorsement on his licence where he was disqualified for a year going back to 2001. He has since 2 years no claims and all that but any company i look at online say that you must never have been disqualified. Is there any one in a similar situation or where do you go to get covered? Any info will be so appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Start ringing around the major companies, try a few brokers too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Try ARB www.arb.ie they deal ion high risk drivers like ex cons, celebs etc.

Quote will probably be higher but at leaswt you'll get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭suimhneas

Been ringing all morning apparently you need to be 10 clear of endorsement. god its scary really something as stupid as driving without insurance can feck you up for a long long time. They should use that in advertisement campaings you definately make people think twice about speeding and stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

suimhneas wrote:
    god its scary really something as stupid as driving without insurance can feck you up for a long long time.

Maybe you should rephrase that, as driving without insurance is any but stupid

i just said it was stupid! i didnt do it and i know he was bloody stupid for doing it so, if you have no advice we shall leave it at that oh wise one!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

FBD will take him on!! THere is 5 years without the endorsement!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Tell his lazy ass to do his own insurance shopping ! :D

It's all pretty easy if he didn't have the endorsement, but that's what is going to elongate any conversation you have with an insurance clerk.

If you want recommendations for insurance companies, I have had good experience with Axa in Lucan, with www.insure.ie, and with www.123.ie

thanks johnny and frank!

Advertisement