Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another site review

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

should be interesting. fair play to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I think the strength and usefulness of a tech support forum is proportional to the number of users and their knowledge level.
    I count 8 users on the member list right now... so all I can see of value in the site is its infrastructure as a forum... which isn't exactly unique, novel or compelling.
    It's not even a site, it's a forum from the get-go and the skin is... well... functional.
    Frankly I don't see anything to review... but sure those inbound links won't grow themselves. ;)

Also the "Homepage" link still links to codingfaq.com
    Man that was a confusing two minutes :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Also the "Homepage" link still links to codingfaq.com
    Man that was a confusing two minutes :eek:
    Which is why posting it here was a good idea :)

Thanks for spotting that - I'll fix that!

<--- master of the self-defeating argument

• Advertisement

<--- master of the self-defeating argument
    Well I appreciate you finding that - I probably wouldn't have found it for ages :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Personal opinion .. is .. oh god not another forum to monitor ...

not saying its a bad idea .. but I just find ... something like boards more worthwhile ... a bit of everything under the one roof / login ..

forbairt wrote:
    Personal opinion .. is .. oh god not another forum to monitor ...

LOL
    forbairt wrote:
    not saying its a bad idea .. but I just find ... something like boards more worthwhile ... a bit of everything under the one roof / login ..

I'd have to disagree with you on that one

I frequent a lot of bulletin boards and prefer sites that have a more narrow focus, as the quality of the posts etc., is generally higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

blacknight wrote:
    I'd have to disagree with you on that one

I frequent a lot of bulletin boards and prefer sites that have a more narrow focus, as the quality of the posts etc., is generally higher.

Specific Boards ... are gonna be higher quality yes, no doubt about that ... its just for me a question of how many boards I can join ... and why should I join yours ? (yes I've signed up anyways)

BTW ... I (once again personally) find the colour scheme ... to be a bit harsh ... makes it hard to read ...

forbairt wrote:
    Specific Boards ... are gonna be higher quality yes, no doubt about that ... its just for me a question of how many boards I can join ... and why should I join yours ? (yes I've signed up anyways)

BTW ... I (once again personally) find the colour scheme ... to be a bit harsh ... makes it hard to read ...
    Someone else suggested making the blue a bit darker ... Would that help?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Great idea.
    I hate the colours though!

forbairt wrote:
    and why should I join yours ? (yes I've signed up anyways)
    lol I signed up too
    blacknight = expert user-poacher it seems
    I got suckered into joining irishwebmasterforum.com in much the same way.
    But so what, now I have 10 other forums that I'm a member of but don't read or regularly contribute to.
    Boards.ie feels more like home for some reason.

lol I signed up too
    blacknight = expert user-poacher it seems
    I got suckered into joining irishwebmasterforum.com in much the same way.

Ah come on :)

You'd swear I was putting a gun to your head!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Woah! Colour scheme is way too pastel. Also how about not putting so many adverts on the front page for now? I really dislike browsing sites with many adverts and seeing as the forum is new and fresh - why not have minimal adverts until the forum picks up?

Gordon wrote:
    Also how about not putting so many adverts on the front page for now? I really dislike browsing sites with many adverts and seeing as the forum is new and fresh - why not have minimal adverts until the forum picks up?
    I'll be looking at the layout of those alright. The site came with that template, so I simply swapped the ID from the previous owner to mine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭gamblingIRE

it looks like it was designed for a 12yo.. i think it needs at minimum a bit of a css makeover (sorry!)

If it is as good as your other forum I am sure it will be a great success.b
    best of luck with it.

it looks like it was designed for a 12yo.. i think it needs at minimum a bit of a css makeover (sorry!)

At least you're honest about it :)

If it is as good as your other forum I am sure it will be a great success.b
    best of luck with it.

Advertisement