Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anthony Gardner Out For Season

Options
  • 13-03-2007 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Apparently.

Blessing in disguise if you ask me. Liability in the team.
    Shown up again for 3rd Chelsea goal on Sunday.

Rocha & Dawson (with Chimbonda as cover).
    We'll battle on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Can't say that i'm too disappointed, will leave us a little stretched especially progressing further in the UEFA cup ...but we will manage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

stick mido in defence!

whats wrong with gardner anyway? is in shock at still being allowed to play for spurs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I dunno - Daws doesn't seem to get injured, though we could be unlucky and lose one of them. I think we're ok for the time being. We may need to get a decent centre back in the summer though.

i cant think of anyone to take the place of either rocha or dawson should one of them get injured, or who would take rocha's place in the uefa cup.

unless we are going to start using huddleston in defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

stick mido in defence!

whats wrong with gardner anyway? is in shock at still being allowed to play for spurs?

Hairline fracture of his tibia (I think)

Wed night : Stalteri/Chimbonda/Dawson/Lee

Solid enough for Braga anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Hudd has played centre half many a time in his carear...so it shouldnt be a problem..anyway, ledley will be back for the cup finals:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Yes ! there is a god! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

While Gardener's been playing poorly it is a bit worrying in terms of cover (and while Stalteri did well against Chelsea and scored a vital goal at Wham he's always a liability if Chimbonda's in centre back!)

i wonder would newcaslte lend us titus bramble for the rest of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'd rather we had an out and out CB as cover, but if we have to make do then Chimbs at CB with Uri Gellar in at RB and someone doing a bit of donkey work on the right wing to provide him with defensive cover.

Chill people,only an issue if we lose Dawson or The Rock.

Snoop is a liability anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭cxcully

Hallelujah!!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

No Rocha - hope King is back. Why did we sell Davenport knowing Rocha was cup tied?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

galinka wrote:
    No Rocha - hope King is back. Why did we sell Davenport knowing Rocha was cup tied?:confused:

I'd rather play with ten men than Davenport, plus we were afraid someone would notice Davenport was **** before we could cash in...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

This is a serious problem for UEFA cup. Dawson is our only centre half. Either Chimbo or Thudd will have to play there. That is fine against teams like Braga but Seville could rip us apart with there strong attack against an inexperiecned centre back. I know Gardner is far from great(being kind) but at least he is a centre back.

Advertisement