Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BA (Hons) - Geography, Planning and Environmental Policy

• 13-03-2007 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I was considering going back to college as a mature student to study the above course, I already have a B.SC Computer Science.

Does anyone here do this course? Can you tell me a bit about it? Do you enjoy it/recommend it?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Well I study the Geography part of the course as I'm in Arts and I love Geography! :)

The course covers pretty much all types of elements of Geography. In first year Urban, Physical, Historical Geography of Ireland and Human Geography are the backbone of the course and then come 2nd year the course becomes more specified with modules including Cutural Geography, Globalization, Climatology, Geomorphology, Poltical and Economic Geography of Europe and a skills/techniques course. The 3rd year course may change a bit come next year but it's modules normally further specified in differing areas of Geography.

Basically, the Geography course is extremely varied so it's impossbile not to be kept interested in the subject. 1st year is very passable, 2nd year is more hands on and in depth and 3rd year you know will always be tough as its your final year. The Geography department are great to deal with and very helpful so there wont be any problems there.

Regarding Planning and Environmentally Policy, I havent done any of it it but I would have done it if it was available in the year I started. Both subjects run in conjunction with each other so if I Geography are cool I'd imagine PEP are too!

Good luck!

Advertisement