Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

free txts on paddys day

• 13-03-2007 2:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭

free vodafone to vodafone txts this paddys day..

Happy days..god bless competition

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

jcoote wrote:
    free vodafone to vodafone txts this paddys day..

Happy days..god bless competition
    i and everyone i know are on meteor. we all have free texts on paddy's day along with the other 364 days of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

thats just fantastic for you guys..my sister is meteor and she sometimes can even get a reception on o'connell st :p

jcoote wrote:
    thats just fantastic for you guys..my sister is meteor and she sometimes can even get a reception on o'connell st :p
    then there's something wrong with her phone. i have full coverage 100% of the time. my friend who lives 100 metres from me is on meteor too and can never get a signal in his house. if i go to his house and put my phone sitting next to his i have full coverage and he has none. he used to blame meteor too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Bad Meteor coverage. One of the current false beliefs of Meteor. They have practically the same coverage as every other network. I've been with them for nearly 2 years now and I have very rarely had a dropped call or coverage issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RobbieM

I am so glad I found this thread cause I'm fuming about the "free texts" that vodafone are pan handling this St. Paddys weekend.

It is another case of classic RIP OFF IRELAND. My mate works in vodafone and I asked him about the promotion and he said that my point came up in the marketing meeting as a plus for vodafone and here it is.....

WHEN ONE SENDS A TXT, IT COULD BE TO ANY NETWORK?????

How can you know?? Maybe that ring beep that they used to have or something but in general it's a scam

In the ads that say FREE TXTs, (but only voda to voda) How the hell can anybody know who's on what??

Ok..... meteor have the free meteor to meteor txts. fine but you can generally trust that at least a 085 is a meteor. BUT VODAFONE HAVE THE HIGHEST MIGRATION OF NUMBERS. so you can guarantee that half of your 087's are NOT vodafone.

And Vodafone reckon that this confusion will pay for the promotion!!!

So dont go and txt all the numbers in you phonebook a Happy St. Patricks Day, dont even TXT all the 087's in your phone book a Happy St. Patricks day, In fact just forget the promotion and txt as normal.

Unfortunately most will txt away, and vodafone will once again have successfully RIPPED OFF IRELAND.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

To check whether or not the number is part of the Meteor network, you can simply send a text with your phone number in the body of the text, to 50004 . example, to determine if the person with the number 087 1234567 is a Meteor subscriber then simply send a text with 0871234567 to the number 50004. A response will be sent, indicating whether or not the number is part of the Meteor network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

My brother is on his 4th or 5th phone with Meteor.
    He never has good coverage.

mcgovern wrote:
    My brother is on his 4th or 5th phone with Meteor.
    He never has good coverage.
    well it does have its blackspots the same as any other network. my gf could never get o2 coverage in dublin 7 and so switched to meteor and its fine now. where is he based?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

meteor has grand coverage, been with them from day 3 or 4 and it was a bit shakey at the start...now its better than o2 and voda in some places around the city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Meteor has always been good for me too. Free text ftw.

• Advertisement
Advertisement