Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Season's Definite Plan

Options
  • 13-03-2007 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Everyone.

There is now a definite plan in place for the next season of Boardeaux.

We will be applying for the Social Standard on Tuesday Nights. This is with a view to improving on the current squad and making the step to Medium Standard for the Winter League.

I will be applying to join the League no later than 14.00 on Thursday 15th March (this should give enough time for everyone who is interested to see this and decide one way or the other). After which we have fourteen days to pay for entry.

According to this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055062579
    there are Thirteen of the current squad wanting back in for the new season
    And according to this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055062552
    there are between seven and ten others interested in joining up.

There will be Open Training Sessions starting from Next Wednesday. They will run Wednesday and Sunday of next week, and the same the week after. These are open to anyone to come to and try for a place in the squad. These will be attended by either myself, Jules or both.

This is a squad game, so please don't join up if you are expecting a place in the Starting XI every single week. You will be expected to fight for a place by coming to weekly training sessions on either a Saturday or a Sunday, and turning up at least a half an hour before kick off of matches for warming up etc.

Start Date
    Tue 10 April 2007

* 10 Teams, 18 games, 60 minutes per game
    * Fixtures posted on the web
    * Results updated in realtime
    * Player Statistics
    * End of Season Presentation night
    * Team & Individual Prizes
    * Qualified Referees
    * Unlimited Squad size

League Fees
    € 1350 +13.5% VAT ( Total: € 1532.25 )
    Referee Fees
    € 300
    TOTAL : €1832.25

This means that a squad of 18 will have to pay €102 each.

I will be expecting about €110 or €115 each to pay for new balls and some equipment etc on top of the league fees.

If you cannot pay this money in the next week and a half or two weeks, please do not expect to join up.

So to re-cap.
    • Playing Tuesdays in the Social Standard.
    • Booking the league Thursday 15th March.
    • Training at weekends on Saturday or Sunday either at the Phoenix Park or at Coolmine.
    • League starting April 10th.
    • Payment Due ASAP.

Any questions, ask away...

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Can you put your name down go to the open training sessions and see how you like it?

Or can you only put your name down if your defo gona play? I'd like to go to a few training sessions and then decided if I'll join or not.

Also what if you can only make one training session a week? How would that affect your chances? I cant make wednesdays at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Thing about is that the league starts on 10th April, and we'll need the money pretty sharpish. We need to book by Thursday, then we have 14 days to pay.

There will be an open training session on Saturday/Sunday week that you can come to.

There is NO requisite to train twice a week.

We will be playing on a Tuesday, then training once at the weekend, as a team.

Anything extra is up to the individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Good questions. I doubt you will be signing your soul away to Des or Jules by turning up for a few training sessions :) So come down and see what you think of the whole set up and players.

Maybe when the league gets going and we play games on Tuesday, the midweek training day might be changed. Just show commitment and team spirit. Willingness to improve is good too. We all give and take constructive criticism because being honest, we ain't premiership quality, although sometimes I wonder when watching premiership games.

You have till the 28th I think, to make your decision. Even then it might be cutting it if we are bombarded with players :D
    Qualified Referees
    lol

edit: Des got there before me. Same shizzle though.

lol
    Now, now :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

seansouth wrote:

There will be an open training session on Saturday/Sunday week that you can come to.

Thats next weekend? Not Patricks weekend?

• Advertisement

Aye, we have our last league game day after Paddy's Day.

Want to come to that?

seansouth wrote:
    Aye, we have our last league game day after Paddy's Day.

Want to come to that?

Were is it on?

If you stuck for players I'll bring my boots!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Hey kearnsr - just to clarify: Wednesday was the training day for the current season, so we'll be keeping that going for the next few weeks. Then when the new league starts the games will be on Tuesdays, and there'll be one training session on either Saturdays or Sundays.

So next Wednesday is the first training session open to new joiners, so come down to that if you can. If not, then try make the session on the weekend of the 25th.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Cool so wed the 25th is the first open training session? and then the follwoing wed too? Could you sticl up where training is on and maybe a list of the dates.

I'll try to make one of them, looking to join a team as kick arounds i've been playing with lacks the competitive edge!

t

Hey lordsgoat - you could come along to the training tonight at 9pm in DCU 5aside astro if you can make it.

• Advertisement

Or even to the match on Sunday, looks like we'll be short.

seansouth wrote:
    Or even to the match on Sunday, looks like we'll be short.

Does that mean I should bring me boots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

Yes! (astro boots that is)

Yes! (astro boots that is)

I'll blow the cobwebs off them but thats what I meant

No stoods. Don't think you will even get away with molded studs either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Any chance I can train with you dudes when I get back to Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

I think we're always happy to have extra bodies in training, yeah. We've been doing 2 hours on sat or sun in the pheonix park.

That's not a bad idea at all, to let others train with us.

Let us know when you get back to Dublin and we can give you directions to where we are training in the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

So have I missed all of this?

The new season will be kicking off mid- to late-August.

• Advertisement

Will training continue during summer? Also where do the matches and training take place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

hi spiderman,

we play matches on tuesday nights at the moment in one of 3 venues; see an individual match thread to see exactly where. If you wanted to come along and see our standard that would be one way.

we try and train every weekend in the pheonix park but don't always get enough people so anyone who wanted to train with us would be welcome. we also play friendlies on the weekend when we find another team who are on for it, again we sometimes need extra players for this. Either of these would be a good way to come along and show us your 'skills' :)

haha thanks very much! Whereabouts in the Phoenix park dyu train? any handy way of getting there without a car??? me n my mate wont b able to go this weekend but sunday 24th we can n from then on we're free really for any games or trainin, just finishing up the LC next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

just finishing up the LC next week!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

problem????

no problem, think he's just shocked at the thought of some youthful exuberance being added to the squad - we're all about 23+

ye we just finished our club season n really just want to continue playing, at the moment we're too busy recovering from the last few days, we'll try make training soon tho

Advertisement