Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrying Out an International Bank Transfer

Options
  • 13-03-2007 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

How on earth do you carry out an international bank transfer? I bought something from eBay Germany and it seems common enough for them not to use Paypal, so I need to transfer the money into their bank account. (They are a genuine seller, so I'm not overly concerned about the lack of paypal)

I have done it once before but it was a long time ago. Can I simply ring up 24 hour banking and give them my details as well as the other person's?

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You will need to do it through your bank. I done it through BOI before using Interpay so had to go in and fill some paperwork. It took about 4 days to get to the destination (a German seller as it happens) You will need his account details like the account number, SWIFT code, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

With the AIB you can just do it online, assuming you're registered for Internet Banking. All you need is the SWIFT/BIC code for the bank and the IBAN (account) number. I assume other banks here have a similar setup.

Advertisement