Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorizo

• 13-03-2007 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭

Who sells the best chorizo and Spanish ham in Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Yore Ma :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Magills have good Chorizo, there are two ladies who work in there.
    One of them can be spectacularly cranky! So be forceful when you ask her
    to cut things - demand the thickness you require!!

Some Dunnes/Tescos/Superquinns have the 'Irish sausage-sized' ones in links quite cheaply. They all seem very similar - I would say they are from the same supplier.
    You can buy dried sausage in a pre-pack in most shops now, which is quite good for pastas. It has a nice 'bite' to it. And it is great to have in your fridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

olaola wrote:
    Magills have good Chorizo, there are two ladies who work in there.
    One of them can be spectacularly cranky! So be forceful when you ask her
    to cut things - demand the thickness you require!!

Some Dunnes/Tescos/Superquinns have the 'Irish sausage-sized' ones in links quite cheaply. They all seem very similar - I would say they are from the same supplier.
    You can buy dried sausage in a pre-pack in most shops now, which is quite good for pastas. It has a nice 'bite' to it. And it is great to have in your fridge.

just recently discovered the chorizo in Dunnes, not sure who makes it, its tasty tho :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

How long does it last in the fridge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Ages, I have kept some in the fridge for months and it was fine, it was a little dry but cooked up fine.
    I find chorizo is fantastic to liven up things like vegetable soup, 50g of chopped chorizo sweated with the onions makes a huge difference and adds a depth of flavour that is hard to get with just vegetables alone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Donnybrooke fair has a mucho spicey chorizo, very nice in a beany stew, but the one they sell in the usual supermarkets is fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

The stuff in Lidl is alright too, chopped up and fry'd, then added to pasta with a tomato sauce.... mmmmm

CC

Advertisement