Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread os the Day

Options
  • 13-03-2007 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

Thread of the Day has been disabled. Why?
    It was a great reason to visit forums that you normally would never visit, and brought traffic to smaller, low-traffic forums.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I was going to post the same question.

I always checked it, purely for the novelty. Can't see it being any sort of burden on the system or anything, so why is it now disabled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I would assume it is temporary like a few other things that have been knocked off to improve speed with the server moving and all that jazz.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I think we're much better off without it!
    It sucks.
    I dont know who picks the thread of the day but I am intolerant of its ongoing existence. Now you can call me a thread Nazi for saying that, but I would happily put all threads of the day into thread concentration camp.

Its frequently the same lame no-content threads also. It also tends to drag users in who cant resist but post a "yore ma, postcount++" type post, just to point out to others that they have read this thread of the day and think it sucks. I know because I am one of these people.
    I just click on it and immediately jump to "Don't patronise me" mode.
    Thread of the day..... thats like winning an MTV award for kissing or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I dont know who picks the thread of the day
    Its randomly chosen by the software, IIRC.
    It also tends to drag users in who cant resist but post a "yore ma, postcount++" type post, just to point out to others that they have read this thread of the day and think it sucks. I know because I am one of these people.
    I just click on it and immediately jump to "Don't patronise me" mode.
    And your failings are the systems fault, how?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Because when the system that picks said thread doesnt exist, my reason to go to said over-rated thread and condescend to said over-rated posters no longer exists. I mean WTF? Is it my fault that I am better than these people?

And if it isnt there, I get less time on boards, more time outside enjoying sunshine and fresh air and.... oh fuggit, I dont care anymore. Leave the thread of the day in. And I will leave my anonymous slander of those posting in it too.
    And we will continue this dance another day boards!

• Advertisement
Advertisement