Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

search

Options
  • 13-03-2007 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

guys, can you tell me how to do a search for "threads by this user"..........

It appears I can no longer do this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

We are hoping to return the full search facility as soon as we have ironed out one or two other issues to do with the server upgrade.

if you go here and under the image of the dog and Powered by Boardtracker on the right hand side of the screen, you will see a small icon in the dark blue bar (it is like 2 arrowheads in a small circle about the size of a Capital "O"). If you click that icon you will see some additional search options including search by user name. I have not used it so cannot comment on its effectiveness.

In addition if you are logged in and click on a user name in any thread you should see an option to see the last 20 posts by that user.

Hope that helps until we have the full search back up and running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭new arrival

Cheers Vexorg.

It appears I cannot even do a search by user....."find more threads by (e.g) vexorg".......

Also the infamous dog does not seem to be where you suggested I look? (he's no where on the page?)

Any ideas?

This is the page you should see.

I have highlighted the dog and arrows.:)

boardtracker.gif

and expanded looks like this

boardtracker2.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭new arrival

It must be my work server....... tried with a colleague who is on boards.ie......... and both of our PC's are missing bioth the dog logo and the "Search....... Powered by Boardtracker"............

See attchment.........

• Advertisement

That is odd, but im sure there is a logical reason for it, can you try a machine outside of work to see if you get the same result.

Advertisement