Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oblivion expansion

• 13-03-2007 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

30 hours of new game play, why did i have to trade it in ages and ages ago

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

cos it was over-hyped lovely looking crap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Branoic wrote:
    cos it was over-hyped lovely looking crap?

Blasphemy!!!! You traded it in because you possibly needed money for hookers and blow? :p

On topic, I doubt it'l be anywhere near 30 hours but am interested to see the extra achievements and some reviews?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,707 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Blasphemy!!!! You traded it in because you possibly needed money for hookers and blow? :p

On topic, I doubt it'l be anywhere near 30 hours but am interested to see the extra achievements and some reviews?!

I remember hearing that since the original had 1000 achievement points, thar be none left over for any expansion packs. Some games - e.g. Crackdown - leave 100 spare for extra content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I remember hearing that since the original had 1000 achievement points, thar be none left over for any expansion packs. Some games - e.g. Crackdown - leave 100 spare for extra content.

Microsoft recently upped the points limit to 1250 (or 1200, not positive) and achievements to 80 for full retail titles, and live arcade up to 250/15.

IIRC the extra points/achievements are available to us through DLC if the devs see fit.

Bethesda would be mad not to use this to they're advantage! Idiots is a better word in fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

When does it come out on the marketplace and how many points is it to buy?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Oblivion was previously mentioned as being the first game that will make use of the 1250/80 acheivment points limit. All game now have to have the 1000/50 acheivments available for free with the game or free marketplace downloads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Mmm, Oblvion expansion...I really hope some of the Achievements are tough to get, so I'll play the game like crazy again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

It's gonna cost 2400 points.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/games/shiveringisles_faq.htm

And you can see the new Achievements by logging onto Xbox Live! 1250 in all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Mr. K wrote:
    Ouch!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,707 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mr. K wrote:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/games/shiveringisles_faq.htm

And you can see the new Achievements by logging onto Xbox Live! 1250 in all.

Hmm looks like one main quest - the Court of Madness.
    2400 points is alot for one quest. If they deliver the 30 hours of gameplay I remember reading about I might still go for it, but that cost has put me off a little.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hmm looks like one main quest - the Court of Madness.
    2400 points is alot for one quest. If they deliver the 30 hours of gameplay I remember reading about I might still go for it, but that cost has put me off a little.

add to that the cost for me to buy a 2nd hand copy of the game first so i can play it, im not sure ill be rushing out right away to get it , ill wait for feedback to see if its worth it

Advertisement