Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES6 help required!

Options
  • 13-03-2007 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze!

Playing in a PES6 tourney in work, there's 23 of us playing altogether. I made the mistake of reaching the final of our last one, and to balance out things for the mongos we've seeded the WC and I will get either last or 2nd last pick of a team. This is not good since I'm not actually that good a player...:D

Anyways, the following are gone so far:

Brazil
    Argentina
    Spain
    France
    Netherlands
    Germany
    Italy
    England
    Sweden
    Czech Republic
    Portugal
    Denmark
    USA
    Mexico
    Ukraine
    Cameroon
    Ireland
    Croatia/Uruguay (at least one of these will be gone)

There's 3/4 more people to choose. I need suggestions for who to pick that's left!

I usually like a well organised defence/midfield, often playing a 4-5-1 formation that guarantees plenty of possession but without pace up top it can be hard to get goals.

I've been thinking one of the following: Romania, Turkey, Ivory Coast, Switzerland, Chile. Any suggestions? Ta...:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Pick Ghana

Esssien is Central and Appiah is on the right altho they not called that int he game, the forward they have is absolute muck but some practice with them and you can find a way to get it on his right foot as hes fairly nippy.

Keeper isnt bad either.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Nigeria. Pure out and out pace up front with Martins. Just hit people on the break and you're laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The African sides worry me. I beat one mongo today 4-0 with Ivory Coast against his France, but that followed a 4-0 hammering by a decent player with Netherlands.

They all seem very suspect defensively, no matter what formation I choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Switzerland would be my choice, and here's why:

They benefit from a strong CB pairing - Muller and Sendoros - both strong in the tackle and in the air.

Some great choices at fullback who have a bit of pace (very important at FB in this game!) - Magnin, Degen and Behrami - also versatile as a couple of them can play as wingers too.

Vogel as your lynchpin midfield - strong in the tackle, good at the short passing, lots of stamina.

Versatile players in Cabanas, Barnetta and Wicky can play both centre and wide.

Yakin as the AMC - one tricky muther****er, this is your main man - he can pass, can dribble (feet like magnets) and has a great shot. Can strike free-kicks too, but isn't so pacy.

Up front you have variety - Streller and Frei who are the big lads who can hold up the ball and get on the end of crosses. Complimented by Pace aka Vonlanthen.

Hope this helps :)

SofaKing wrote:

Hope this helps :)

Does indeed.

Ta.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

S Korea or Japan are good teams. Although with a 4-5-1, I would choose Saudi Arabia. They are complete underdogs but with a 4-5-1, you wont concede many so from there you will get at least a few chances which only 1 of them you need to score, then sit back and defend again

Played a few games as the Swiss online just now, arse handed to me on a plate by some tool playing as Barca (that's an even contest ;) ) then beaten by Ecuador playing 4-1-3-2. Played same formation against same fella again, went 2-0 down so changed to my 4-5-1 and got it back to 2-2 in the 2nd half.

Fairly happy with the Swiss TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Turkey. Good midfielders and attackers, solid enough defense.

Just make sure to get that lanky slow streak of piss Sukur out of there and you'll be alright. Nihat, Emre, Sas etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Nahh, just stick with the Swiss. Sure, Yakin is Turkish-born anyway ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 rapp

turkey have a great midfield, uruguay are great upfront, ivory coast are fairly fast and strong physically but lack technique. id go for turkey if you must use 4-5-1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I made the mistake of reaching the final of our last one, and to balance out things for the mongos we've seeded the WC and I will get either last or 2nd last pick of a team. This is not good since I'm not actually that good a player...:D

Does it really matter what team you pick.
    You are playing people with down syndrome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I played with Bulgaria yesterday for the first time and they are really good. 4-3-3 with Bojinov and Berbatov and I think Petrov up front as well is a very strong attack

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I would have picked Serbia :)
    It took a while, but I got very good with them in PES 5 :)

They have an incredible free-kick taker, who is otherwise ****.
    Then you have Stankovic and Kezman, pass between them to score lots, then defend with the rest of your players :)

I won the boards thingy with them :P

BrightEyes wrote:
    I played with Bulgaria yesterday for the first time and they are really good. 4-3-3 with Bojinov and Berbatov and I think Petrov up front as well is a very strong attack

Went with them in the end, lost my first 3 games 2-1, 4-2, and 1-0...:(

Finally got the hang of them, but I'm relying on a positive result in the last game between two other players to see me through to the knockout stages.

Todorov is better than Bojinov.

Advertisement