Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house and switching providers

Options
  • 13-03-2007 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I'm moving from Clondalkin to Blackrock in a month and I was just wondering which would be the better option for me. I'd be downloading approximately 40GB a month and I'm currently on the BT 3MB offering.

It looks like my options are:

1. Digiweb Metro
    2. NTL Cable broadband
    3. IBB Breeze
    4. Standard DSL options

I'm drawn to NTL but I've seen a lot of problems here lately with their service. Ordinarily I wouldn't go near IBB, but I've heard that their service in Blackrock isn't too bad.

Ideally I'd like a uncapped/high cap product. Any suggestions guys?

I appreciate your input.

Mike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BuzzTrack

In a similar situation. Moving in just up the road in Rochestown Ave. I used to be with UTV and had no real complaints. I like the idea of NTL product.

But I'm big into my online games like Call of Duty etc. What's the pings like on the NTL compared to say eircom or UTV through the phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

;) I was hoping for some replies but all I hear is crickets chirping :D

C'mon guys. Does anyone have experience with NTL or IBB in the Blackrock/Foxrock/Stillorgan area.

I'd like to avoid DSL if I can.

I'm in the same position as Buzztrack with a decent upload needed for online PC and Xbox 360 gaming.

Opinions/experience would be much appreciated.

Mike

Advertisement