Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange WAN IP Problem

Options
  • 13-03-2007 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Over a month ago, I had this re-curring problem with my wireless digiweb. Typically between about 6 PM and 11 PM, I would be unable to get a WAN IP address and therefore use the internet. Even though I could be "connected" as such. Eventually, they sorted out my problem but it is re-curring and it means I loose the internet most nights.

I put my conncection direct into a Belkin wireless router so a laptop user in the house can use it too.

These days when my connection goes, I switch to the old standard router that came with the broadband. By clicking the repair tab I can usually re-establish my internet connection. This is fine, but it means the laptop user can't use the internet..

Has anybody any idea what might be going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Try a different make of Router.

Advertisement