Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French document?

Options
  • 13-03-2007 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

I have a photograph of me and my friends for the french document. If you have a photo - does it have to taken in France? Or have something to do with France?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Laurielou

No not at all, it just is basically a picture stimulus to allow u to talk about something u know well, the best time to show off and show what you know cos its pre-prepared. although it is better if its something that isnt going to come up in your actual conversation cos u may run out of things to say and get asked on the more difficult areas that are otherwise avoidable!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I'm doing mine on the transition of rugby into Croke park. Its actuallyquite simle to talk about! Holiday photos are overdone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

For my Pre I didn't use one. And did pretty well.
    I don't know if I will use one for the real thing or not...I might bring in a picture of my dog or something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I'm using a photo of me and four of my friends at the debs.

It's much better quality than it looks like there. I'm second from the right :) Basically blabbing on about the night itself, my internet bargain dress, my boyfriend who brought me, dragging transition year in a bit too, how some of the people in it are in college now..what I want to do in college.

I'll be dragging it out to death :) French teacher said it was fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thankyou so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

It's much better quality than it looks like there. I'm second from the right :) Basically blabbing on about the night itself, my internet bargain dress, my boyfriend who brought me, dragging transition year in a bit too, how some of the people in it are in college now..what I want to do in college.

Nice photo. Some fine looking ladies in that pic:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: including yourself(nice dress)
    Even though im only in transition year we have the document of our leaving certificate covered as I recently went on a french exchange to Nancy and during the course of our stay we had to fill out a journal ( mon journal de bord) about our time there. eg. le jour du depart. information about my correspondant ie. age etc. , questions about school life in france(we went to school over there), how did you communicate with the french etc.....

Its a handy stimulus to break the ice between you and the examiner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Basically blabbing on about the night itself, my internet bargain dress, my boyfriend who brought me, dragging transition year in a bit too, how some of the people in it are in college now..what I want to do in college.

I'll be dragging it out to death :)

Your dress was gorgeous! Did ye have a good night? I'm doing one on my boyfriend's grads, which were last September, basically talking about the same things. My aunt gave me the dress she wore to her debs *she's four years older than I am, and it's a gorgeous dress* One thing though, for it my French teacher told me to have something prepared on teenage drinking, how occasions like those can be ruined by people drinking, and also how people spend lots of money on the grads *limos, dresses etc.* This may not come up in yours, but it may be useful to you? I don't know.
    Yeah, I'll be dragging mine out to the death too! Good luck!!!

That dress was €33, and shipped from China. Brilliance. Yep, deadly night. Yeah, I have some cool phrases for teenage drinking prepared, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

My document is about my band and a gig we did in aid of Crumlin Childrens Hospital last year. I have so much stuff prepared on it. Wouldn't mind spending the whole 12 minutes talking about it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

My document is just me and some friends, in Toulouse before the Leinster match last year. Plenty to say on it, should be fine, just getting the last bit of it ready now, which is the importance of sport in life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I'm doing my on the Frenchman "L'abbé Pierre"

Feel free to ask me who he is. I know a lot about him now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    I'm doing my on the Frenchman "L'abbé Pierre"

Feel free to ask me who he is. I know a lot about him now!

Okay then.... Who is he??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

You were on TI weren't you?

...Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

rofl, never noticed the similiar colour in all dresses before, did y'all pick blue to look sexeh together?

My document is a random postcard I ripped off my wall when I was late for school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Selphie wrote:
    Okay then.... Who is he??

Well, l'Abbé Pierre was a French priest/politician, who campaigned for well over 50 years for accomodation for the homeless. He'd be the French equivalent of Mother Theresa.

I picked this fella because he died in January and it's quite topical in France and so i'm bringing in a french magazine article (Article de journal) instead of a document.

Advertisement