Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics!!!

Options
  • 13-03-2007 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hey guys I'm only after remembering this website even existed and my last mocks are 2moro:mad: :mad: :mad: But i was wondering if anyone had any information about the Higher Physics paper all i know is that principle of moments and thermistor re some of the exp's. I already looked through the threads and there's only info about the other paper.Please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

this paper was horrible, absolutely horrible. Just about failed it (35%) but i didnt study so thats my excuse. Its a bit late to tell you whats on it as i see u have it today!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

The paper with boyles law? Not exactly horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 *lil fairy*

it was a horrible paper alrite! i only got 24% but i suck at physics! :( im realy depressed bout it........dunno if i cud ever pull that up by d real thing? do you's tink i shud drop 2 ordinry? iv started grinds?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

it was a horrible paper alrite! i only got 24% but i suck at physics! :( im realy depressed bout it........dunno if i cud ever pull that up by d real thing? do you's tink i shud drop 2 ordinry? iv started grinds?

Easy to get Physics up to a C1 its after that when you have to be decent at maths and have abit of problem solving..

Learn your Experiments
    Learn your definitions
    Learn your formulae

and you've got yourself at least 65%

The hit your derivations and start practicing your problems ;)

Not that i should be talking but its true!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

You dont have to be anything more than competent at math to do well in physics. Our teacher was telling us that last year he had the C class, and thought them how to get a B3 without doing any calculations.

The maths of it is generally simple anyway, usually an equation with some variables and information to find the missing link. If you set up your data clearly and just sub it in properly youll do fine! Goodluck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Could someone with enough will and drive, only studying higher level maths do well in physics without ever attending classes, purely studying from the book and never witnessing experiments?

All I need is a HC3 in maths to get into the degree course I'm interested in but I enjoy watching documentaries about string theory (though perhaps that's more philosophy) and the like and I've read all of Hawking's books and if I were to take the two subjects it would open more doors for me in university.

What do you think kids? Is it 'hip'? You kids still say 'hip' right? I can dig it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Yes. You could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 *lil fairy*

Easy to get Physics up to a C1 its after that when you have to be decent at maths and have abit of problem solving..

Learn your Experiments
    Learn your definitions
    Learn your formulae

and you've got yourself at least 65%

The hit your derivations and start practicing your problems ;)

Not that i should be talking but its true!

thanks for d advice .........its been takien on board nd im momentarily gettin up to start studyin! thnx!

im crap at the maths side of it....but id b happy wit a c1!
    nd i no u say once u av d formula nd al its grand.......but i even struggle wit that! ha! im crap i no! :rolleyes: but i dnt mind!

Advertisement