Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

compsoc updates

• 13-03-2007 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭

Just to keep you all up-to-date with the going ons in compsoc atm, heres a thread-

1. Promo vid- nearing completion, the video and music have been completed, just the usual finishing just have to be done. Should have it by tomorrow nights session. ;D

2. The logo-compsoclogo-JPG.html- this now the unofficial logo for compsoc. If you want to critique it or submit your own please do so here. F.Y.I. This was done with 5 mins of my free time so it’s not spectacular or inventive.

3. The website- compsoc.itcarlow.ie- I am working on the building of it as well at the moment, I am having some problems, its html code, so any one wants to throw their pennies worth in I would truly appreciate it!! ;D :-*

4. FINALLY, the hoodies- I am investing getting hoodies for whoever wants one. If your interested reply on this thread. We are looking at about €30-€50. This price will vary, due to of course, the amount interested and also if we get funding from the SU.

Get back to me y'all!! ;D

compsoc.suddenlaunch3.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭lynch_3001

sorry attached the file heere of the logo, sorry if you couldnt see it b4 used a ****e site!!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrmrbungle

i think that logo is silly and in no way relates to compsoc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

Have you never spent 5 hours in the evening playing CS and felt like that!

5hours isnt that much man. go to a lan, then u will feel like **** after 2days of playin games

• Advertisement

put it this way guys until you submit your own design, which i asked ppl to do, you really have no say. two i do have other lives other than compsoc so what ever time i have is what gives me the back up for compsoc going, the course.thats 5mins between class, part time job and trying to complete the course work that has to be handed up in 10 mins time.three. this emblem will have to go a hoodie, so it can be to complex for the stitching or you will be talking phone numbers of prices. finally we are "COMP" soc, meanin computer society so we also have to take into consideration the computer hardware etc end, not just gaming. everyone forgets that
    all things you have to think about if you hand in a design i will consider it with the sub admin of compsoc and with the other members, so dont blame me for your laziness.
    also i would like to add the society is trying to organise a drink in o'loughlins next thursday night, any interest, pls reply here or http://compsoc.suddenlaunch3.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

tom_ass19 wrote:
    5hours isnt that much man. go to a lan, then u will feel like **** after 2days of playin games
    Being there, done that, but 5 hours twice a week, esp for people whose machines are at home or on dialup, is cool.

As for the logo, I'll see if I can rustle up something on Sunday (my only day off work/college/drinking).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭DaSilva

Kinda off-topic, but I've been to compsoc a few times, i've even paid the membership but kinda gave up when I realised all that I ever saw going on was people playing games. I know it's also up to us to do something, but is there any interest in anything else rather than just playing games?

i agree, i, as the head, will be trying to aim to more open computer thingies like coding, etc and make an open speaking forum for computer course problems...etc the usual. start throwing ideas at me at what you would like to see compsoc doing...i see what i can do

lynch_3001 wrote:
    i agree, i, as the head, will be trying to aim to more open computer thingies like coding, etc

man compsoc is based on computer games not as you say computer thingies like coding. if you want computer thingies you should have signed up from netsoc

• Advertisement

netsoc is short for network society compsoc is short for computer society, i have conversed with netsoc and they talk mostly abouut networking...compsoc should be more then computer games, ..............free your mind man.....the matrix has you..........computer games society was just attached to us when ppl found out thats all we did....they have a compsoc and computer games society i find in most uni's so in a small college like ours we should be able to have an umbrella computer society..dont ya think???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Oh my god, this argument again, im staying away from it!

If you need some help with the site, ill gladly help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

DaSilva wrote:
    Kinda off-topic, but I've been to compsoc a few times, i've even paid the membership but kinda gave up when I realised all that I ever saw going on was people playing games. I know it's also up to us to do something, but is there any interest in anything else rather than just playing games?

join netsoc or a computer course, we were gona change the name to gamesoc last year but decided against it because, number 1 it sounds like gaysoc and number 2 it was a bit of effort changin things for not much a return really, its just a name and ppl have played games there from at least since i started college 2 years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

It was the same when I started 4 years ago too. I've heard this argument before. why not do it and see if it attracts more people into the society. I was a regular member up till this year when I actually remembered that I was supposed to be studying in college. I'm also very interested in computers but have only been thought how to use MS office by the college. The more computer rlated thingies thing sounds interesting.

just to keep everyone up to date on the server, i have put fear up. i will get everyone a key as it wont work with duplicate keys, we dont want a repeat of the HALO effect, so if i assign you a key, use it!!if i dont request one!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭s4dd

here, some dude is apparently trying to get in contact with me from compsoc. i went up to CSD yesterday and was told it was something to do with the compsoc website

anyone have a clue wot is going on? :)

oh, another quick thing.. if compsoc wants to host a dedicated server with netsoc.. for any games in particular (dedicated in so that they can be played inside the college and outside) that might be cool... still waiting on someone to get in contact with me from compsoc though!

yo thats me!!im around the college mostly around the library all day so i you pm me on boards, email me on my gmail(lynch3001@gmail.com) or something let us talk!!are you netsoc admin btw??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭s4dd

lynch_3001 wrote:
    yo thats me!!im around the college mostly around the library all day so i you pm me on boards, email me on my gmail(lynch3001@gmail.com) or something let us talk!!are you netsoc admin btw??

Em... why don't you email me? Since you're the one who wants to talk to me!

Yes, i'm the netsoc admin. I'm in college now if you want a chat.. i'm in lab 807 Kileshin center for another while before i'm off home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Tom_ass19, please keep your additions to the discussion on topic and off the character of lynch_3001.

If you have grievances with him, then I suggest you take it up with him.

Address the content of a post, not the poster.
    Only warning, reread the charter.

ya sorry bout that ivan....wont happen again :)

• Advertisement

serious_cat.jpg
    pew-pew-pew.jpgiminurbasesweapons-kittydemedici.jpgninjacatva11.jpggravitycat.jpg1343.jpgsuwwender1.jpgcat-armour-dan.jpg12357.jpeg[IMG][/img]2000455272489756911_rs.jpg2cglf5v.jpgcatninja.jpg

just decided to to post up a few pics "related" to compsoc, all through the magisty of cats!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

after Ivans serious on topic post those pics are so funny i near wet myself :D

yeah, got a bit bored, just decided to throw a few thing "compsoc related" but it kuinda did stray of the beaten path a bit, but i dont mind dont think any of you guys mind!!

btw i am serious cat, this is serious thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,650 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Special encore:

ninjacatva11.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Whether others mind or not, isnt the point. You are quick to call others on their breaches of the policy but seem distinctly ignorant of them yourself...
    Please read the charter.

Thread locked because of Meow.

Btw, I'm a serious mod and this is a seriously locked thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement