Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Testament

• 13-03-2007 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Just listening to Testament right now, or to be more specific their awesome album The Gathering! :D

Thought it might be worth giving some respect to these guys, they made some phenominal music, and they're very underappreciated. Even I only got into them recently! Yes I know, for shame, but better late than never. ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Wow, I haven't heard Testament in quite a long while. I had bought Souls of Black back in the 90's :) and thought it was an excellent album. The only other album of theirs I have is The Ritual, which I didn't find as good.

Just found their website and see they're touring Europe during this summer, though no Irish gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭thebourke

check out an album of theres called the new order..old school thrash....testament rule

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Great band, that was the video that actually got me into Testament. Real thrash! Saw it on VH1's Friday Rock Show with Tommy Vance (R.I.P.) and was completely blown away. I like alot of their stuff from Practice What You Preach too, but the Legacy is the main Testament album for me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Can't emphasise enough how much I love Testament!

I got into them after I heard their name around the place a few years ago, picked up their 'Best of'. It was all their earlier thrash stuff (with the exception of Dog Faced Gods) so I got quite a shock when I bought Demonic. Thought I was listening to a different band!
    Eventually worked my way through the rest of the back cataglogue, I think I have all the albums now. The Gathering is my favourite. So many powerful songs like DNR, Down For Life and True Believer. Listening to it just makes you just want to destroy something :)

Anyway, top notch band!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Skolnick is the man \m/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Jnealon

My first memory of Testament was seeing them on Monsters of Rock with Mick Wall on Sky. The video was over the wall and it blew me away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Call me a heathen here, but i prefer there other singer(if they had one, it sounds like it anyway as it progresses on) there very metallica/megadeth like in the aulder stuff, which although no means is a bad thing i just prefer the disciples of the watch, into the pit and D.N.R. days i just find that more well of a defined sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Testament are unreal, one of my favourite bands ever :D . The Gathering is a brilliant album Practice what you Preach or The Legacy would be my favourite though.. Thrash metal as it should be, one of the best thrash bands ever methinks.

Fantastic band. Hopefully i'll get to see em' at Hellfest ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

Patricide wrote:
    Call me a heathen here, but i prefer there other singer(if they had one, it sounds like it anyway as it progresses on) there very metallica/megadeth like in the aulder stuff, which although no means is a bad thing i just prefer the disciples of the watch, into the pit and D.N.R. days i just find that more well of a defined sound.

Same singer.

• Advertisement

Really sounds a hell of a lot different, he got heavier and better anyway. Going wikiing em now. All i knows about there line up is that paul bostaph played with em for a while and thats just about it haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

Ment to get into them for ages too, this thread made me get a move on. Just got the gathering and its fcuking unreal. I've just "ordered" their discography and cant wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

Testament are a great band, they've always maintained a high standard. The New Order is my favourite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Love most of their stuff - fantastic live band too. Just a pity they've a habit of cancelling gigs. Were supposed to play in Ireland twice in the last few years & both gigs were cancelled.. Thankfully I'd gotten to see them at festivals or I woulda been severely pissed off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Desecrator666

Oral Slang wrote:
    Thankfully I'd gotten to see them at festivals or I woulda been severely pissed off!

Think i saw em in Belgium with you didn't i?

Great band, one of THE premier Thrash bands. The New Order being my favourite album. If people haven't already got their cd "First Strike Still Deadly" then pick it up. All their old classics re-recorded. Blistering stuff.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

D.T. Jesus wrote:
    Skolnick is the man \m/
    Hasn't he moved into jazz?

yup first strike still deadly, is well ....Deadly. A lot of people critised em for rerecording the songs apparently, i say screw them is friggen unreal. Anyone who doesnt have that c.d. in there collection better have a fairly good reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

kbannon wrote:
    Hasn't he moved into jazz?

Yeah, it's strange to see him playing it because its so vastly different than his earlier stuff. Have a look at this video from his official site. Its hard to believe its the same guy really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Think i saw em in Belgium with you didn't i?

Great band, one of THE premier Thrash bands. The New Order being my favourite album. If people haven't already got their cd "First Strike Still Deadly" then pick it up. All their old classics re-recorded. Blistering stuff.

You did indeed - class gig it was too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

Testament ****in rule!

• Advertisement
Advertisement