Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats the penalty for L drivers driving on the motorway?

Options
  • 13-03-2007 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I know L drivers are supposed to avoid the motorway but is it a penalty points offence, a fine or just a word of caution from the Gardai? Do the gardai actually enforce whatever it is, or turn a blind eye?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

I doubt there's any penalty for it, but I can't say that for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

They stick you inside a giant man made of wood and set fire to you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Public flogging?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

sections 43 and 81 of Roads Act 1993 http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/ZZA14Y1993S81.html

€1,270 fine and/or up to 6 months in prison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Nephew wrote:
    I know L drivers are supposed to avoid the motorway but is it a penalty points offence, a fine or just a word of caution from the Gardai? Do the gardai actually enforce whatever it is, or turn a blind eye?

No specific points offence that I can see of, but suppose you could be hit with 'Failure to comply with prohibitory traffic signs' (as in no L drivers at motorway sign) which attracts 1 or 3 points and a fine of €60 or €90 on conviction.

Earlier traffic act post also applies of course.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

They stick you inside a giant man made of wood and set fire to you.
    ROFL :D

Advertisement