Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

luas! are they invisible to drivers?!

Options
  • 13-03-2007 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

Is there something that attracts people to purposely crash into luas trams or are they disguised from road users by some sort of cloaking mechanism:confused:
    Luckily I was 30 secs late at Dundrum this morning & missed the one the car crashed into I enjoyed my walk from Cowper to the green so much I walked back!

anyone else done the trek along the tracks??

Fireman "can't walk up there" : 20 luas users "yeh right"

PS is this a viable route home from town pissed @ 4am or will I get arrested??

southside voices of experience anywhere?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

I think its mainly down to driver ignorance, trying to save a few seconds rather than wait for the tram to pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

First crash in a long time on the green line afaik, the red line however seems to experience this problem quite often.

The Luas line is a great route home after a night out if you have to walk, have done it once or twice myself. Don't know the legality of it but we weren't penalised/arrested for doing so. You'd want to ensure its the regular luas running though, could be messy if you attempt it when the night luas' happens to be running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭thebookofbob

Cheers RB happy to know it's a done thing after 12:30 when the last one finishes. I wouldn't want to be falling asleep anywhere en route though.
    As for the crashes on the green line admiral.I saw the madest thing when parallel to beachwood st. on my walk back earlier.. Light was so!!! red I'm talking 30 secs at least but they just kept coming obviously looking at the lines the same way I've seen people push past the dart barrier & walk the tracks. It just takes one feckin time though. I was on the dart on Monday & the driver was a bit late & was bollockin between sidney & booters. I'd say you'd have to have been a feckin gazelle to get across that track.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Every Tuesday morning there seems to be a delay for some reason.

The worst delay I've ever encountered was about 2 years ago now. There was a dog on the track between Dundrum and Windy Arbour and they spent 15 to 20 minutes trying to move it. At this stage there was a queue of three trams on each side of the track. What was particularly annoying was I was going to an exam and couldn't really afford to be late. Made it to the exam just as it was starting after running from Ranelagh to Lesson St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

PS is this a viable route home from town pissed @ 4am or will I get arrested??

Have cycled-cum-walked it but I doubt it'd be advisable when you're drunk. I banged my tyre into some step-like object on the line and got a smack where it hurts, and almost tripped a few times - almost the entire line is unlit and it can be very bumpy. So probably not the best of ideas when you're drunk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I walked part of the line once before the Luas line was put in, back when it was an overgrown ex-trainline. Now that was an adventure :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

Painting the Luas the colour of the road probably wasn't that sensible.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I walked part of the line once before the Luas line was put in, back when it was an overgrown ex-trainline. Now that was an adventure :D

My dad used to always make us do that and I had no idea why!

I know this is really lazy of me but when I had rehearsals up near Cowper I used to get the luas from Beechwood to save me to walk :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Thelikefaneire

One night last year me and a couple of freinds desided to walk back out to ranelagh after are graduation because we knew it would be easier to get a taxi thier since we had spent the most of the night their allready and loads of taxis kept passing us before our group headed into town. Its got loads of rise's and what have you but its not that unsafe, its dark when you go further than Dundrum though. Also the Ranelagh Stop is sometimes locked at night, dont know why they even do that anyway.

Also ive walked the red line in the day time a few times between james's and Connolly, eaily do it in 35 mins or more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭cmoney

Makaveli wrote:
    Every Tuesday morning there seems to be a delay for some reason.

thats not just the luas... thats everywhere. traffic is always worse on a tues morn for some reason... terrible tuesdays :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement