Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where could I place this bet?

• 13-03-2007 10:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I never bet and know nothing about it at all. But I have a bet that I'd like to place about what club a certain establshed premiership player will go to next. How should I go about placing it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

No-one bar your mates down the pub would accept that.
    Would you accept a bet like that if someone asked you?
    Bookies stick to markets where they have the edge. The kind of markets you are suggesting leave far too much room for insider trading.

The most they will do is, for example, odds on a famous player, for whom there is transfer speculation, being at a club the first day of the next season. e.g. Ronaldo staying at Man U, Henry staying at Arsenal.

What's the goss anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Ring up lads, boyles and paddies and i would be very suprised if at least one of them wouldnt take it.

The odds will be ****, and they will take a peanuts for the bet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

I'd be interested to know if anyone lays this bet for you (assuming you try, that is).
    Keep us informed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

would,nt be about henry would it:) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

I would imagine PP would take this.. mail em and let us know

• Advertisement
Advertisement