Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA 4 is going to be set in Dublin!!!!

• 13-03-2007 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

i read it in a newspaper, or wait, i might have been dreaming

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Once again:

Most intriguing post i've EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER read! :eek:

My God man.. you should write a book!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Would you mind citing your source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

You could just imagine it now
    how class would that be

It would be pretty good actually. But I'd like the OP to clarify it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

He's talking sh*te. He's been sitebanned for being a turd all over the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭tonedef

hmm.. I think we can take this as rubbish then. I'm interested in the trailer thats coming up though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

New york was liberity city. Thats more bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

No way. All the cities in all the games have been fictional with references to real cities. Anyway the tourism board would go crazy sayingthat it shows Dublin to be a real dangerous place where blah blah blah

I'm banking on London, or New York (Liberty City) future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Jakkass wrote:
    I'm banking on London, or New York (Liberty City) future.

i would bank on liberty city set in the future, but not on its own. i'm thinking liberty city would be two or three times the size of the one as we know it, but there could be an extra city or something that you can travel to that's just as big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

i would bank on liberty city set in the future, but not on its own. i'm thinking liberty city would be two or three times the size of the one as we know it, but there could be an extra city or something that you can travel to that's just as big.

Aye, it'd be crap if they went back to just one city. It'd be even worse if the map was the same size or bigger than San Andreas with it just being one big city. A massive city would get very boring very quickly.

I liked the 3 cities/countryside idea in San Andreas. The map had alot of variety. Countryside was fun for just tearing through in a fast car if you wanted. I know alot of people weren't into that part of the game and were happier playing vice city but I just couldn't go back to a map that small after playing San Andreas. Implement a better form of quick transportation to satisfy these people. Using the airport was kinda pointless cos you had to drive all the way there and then drive from the airport to wherever you wanted to get in the new city. Trains were equally as pointless cos you'd spend ages waiting for one to turn up. Maybe being able to call a taxi like in Saints Row would be the answer. It'd have to be a cheap interstate taxi though.

Personally I'd like to see a repeat of the San Andreas map idea, but on a bigger scale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Trains were equally as pointless cos you'd spend ages waiting for one to turn up.

The sheer realism of the GTA series is what astounds me :D

Seriously though, I really liked the sheer size of SA. It's nice after spending so much time in the ghetto's turfin it out, to head on out to the sticks on a scrambler to muck about.

I think they could maybe have a system in the next game that, at the entry/exit of all the highways there are "toll- booths" which for $2 instantly bring up a mini menu and you choose which city-exit of the toll you want to be instantly "transported" to, thus you don't have to trek between the cities if you don't want to. However, if you do fancy the drive, then just burst through toll barrier and away you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

I'd like to have a big map, that if you were needing to get to another side of the map in time, a plane journey would be a must and not a novelty. Stealing planes etc, or paying the price for a ticket! Trains also I would want to use more often, I hope that money is stretched, so you're barely living at the start and need to find weapon pick ups etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭up'Chuck

it's the craziest thing, i LOVED SA, but the size of it actualy prevented fun with your mates. you see me and my mates used to always play vice city and liberty together and it was the old play till you die rule, but with sa for some reason it never picked up... the whole mucking about aspect that is.

so what i would really like is a San Andreas style map (bigger of course) and then another city that you'd have to fly to and it would be just the size of vice, vice was perfect for tearing about in a tank or something.

also the debat for it being in liberty is because all the gamers, magazines and few others said that liberty had no resemblance to New York, and it didn,t. I mean where was Brooklyn bridge or the god damn statue of liberty. central park was a shambles. i wouldn't mind New York again but i would love it to be a hand selection of European cities.

p.s. o'conell's street is the most dangerous street in Europe so there is enough crime in Dublin and stereotype's (cause that's what GTA is all about) to be considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

hey not to go off topic, but will this be releasedon the 360 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

weedhead wrote:
    hey not to go off topic, but will this be releasedon the 360 ?
    It will indeed and it will have downloadable content from xbox live months after the release

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Jebus, that trailer makes Dublin look class, O'Connell street never looked so good, although they go the DART colours wrong at the start. Spot on with the poles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Jebus, that trailer makes Dublin look class, O'Connell street never looked so good, although they go the DART colours wrong at the start. Spot on with the poles.

:D

Now that we are certain that it isn't to be set in Dublin.
    Thread locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement