Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what have you got out of it so far? POSITIVE FEEDBACK ONLY.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

erm lets see....

.... i erm.......

learned.... erm....

How to confront teachers? yea i suppose that was a good thing!

and erm....
    eh....

got so bored that i checked my bebo everyday in school? (come on now, thats bad)

Yea, thats about it i suppose.
    Whoever it was who said that ty is "NOT exactly what it says on the tin" then i agree with you entirely.
    I mean words can not describe the grudges i have built up against the two teachers who organised our ty. awdouinawodun is about right i suppose.

I think you and I have had the same experiences:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

What did YOU get out of it, Roe?

Helped write a really terrible school play that got congratulated by the Board of Management. Painted huge posters for it blahhh.
    Went to Carlingford. AWESOME.
    Went to Kairos, recorded radio programme. Horrifically bad, but funny in parts.
    Did work experience for 2 weeks in December at local newspaper. Awful.
    Ehhh. Did lots of PE stuff, we had quadruple periods of it. Went caoeing and stuff.
    Drove at Mondello racing track in Micra's, sweet.
    Work experience at the National Archives was awesome and because of that, I know what I'm doing for college this year.
    Went bowling
    Hmm. Did an awful in-school radio thing over the intercom UGHH

I forget the rest..wasn't much else though. Was crap apart from Mondello and National Archives. We weren't allowed go to Paris because of terrorism (the Madrid train bombings happened when they were considering it but STILL how ridiculous) and because it would be too expensive, 24 people. The next year, the TY class of twenty NINE went to Paris for 5 days. The injustice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Mini Company: We won the BEST STAND prize at the Cork Junior Achievement Young Enterprise competition and were given the opportunity to compete in the Munster exhibition but certain individuals didnt pull there weight what so ever so our hard work went to waste.:mad:

Work Experience: I Went from September to December Every friday ( work experience is on a Friday for the entire school year so only 4 days of school per week) to the Department of Microbiology in UCC which was good. Made a few friends out of it.

Spent a whole week in GlaxoSmithKline ( Pharmacuetical Company) in Cork where I got to see the Microbiology, Quality Control labs etc etc.

Canvassed for Simon Coveney TD Fine Gael in this years General Election. Possibly the highlight of my work experience, made lots of friends ( half of them are like in college:D ) and got a good understanding of the whole general election thing and Im joining Young Fine Gael when I got to college for definite.

French Exchange : We went to Nancy for 10 days in March where each of us stayed with a french family and got to experience going to school in France. We went on loads of trips including visiting the European Parliment in Strasbourg. We had great craic when the Frenchies came back to us in April in which they got to experience true Irish Culture(eh not;) . Oh yah I improved my french a lot and have since come up with a good few ideas for my document for my Leaving Certificate French oral exam.

Special Days: Participated in the Public Access to Law program (PAL) wherby a barrister came in for the day to talk to us about the Irish Legal System. We also got to play a mock trial scene in which I was a Barrister and wasnt too good at but at least I knew for sure I wont do law in college.

Drive For life Program which involved a person from the Institute for Safe Drivers came into us and explained about road safety and the carnage being caused on Irish Roads. He showed us this horrific DVD where people were pulled out of crashed cars and died on the spot. Worst thing I have ever seen.

AIB Build a Bank Challenge: Was the auditior for the school bank which meant I was in charge of the money until a guy from AIB came to the school to collect the money:) . We were supposed to go to this Competition in the Silversprings Hotel in Cork but it was on during the French Exchange to Nancy so we couldnt go. Poeple who werent in the bank went instead and who didnt go to Nancy.

Did a bunch of projects during the year for subjects like Chemistry, French etc. which were part of our summer test and I got to research topics I never knew about.

Finally I jointly won the Best Subject/ Portfolio award on our Transition year awards night. We got a cup and our names are inscribed on it for all eternity:D . That was the icing on the cake really.

Biggest regret of the year: Not being able to do the young scientist as my Chemistry teacher was out for the whole of september and she was supposed to arrange for me to go to UCC to do my project but it never happened.:( :(

Overall, it was class the year.

Advertisement