Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

using k800i on 3 as a 3g modem for the laptop

• 13-03-2007 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

So as there are new priceplans with 3 that allow you to add on the 2GB download for 19.99/month, I was wondering how could I set up my phone (k800i) as a 3G modem so that I can use this 2GB through my windows laptop.

Has anyone used there k800i as a 3G modem on the 3 network? Is it any good? What would it be like for playing online poker?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭digiman

digiman wrote:
    So as there are new priceplans with 3 that allow you to add on the 2GB download for 19.99/month, I was wondering how could I set up my phone (k800i) as a 3G modem so that I can use this 2GB through my windows laptop.

Has anyone used there k800i as a 3G modem on the 3 network? Is it any good? What would it be like for playing online poker?

Has anyone any idea how to do this using the bluetooth connection on my phone? Also does anyone know were I could get the drivers for the phone as I lost the cd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

You shouldn't need any drivers, just a generic Sony Ericsson modem script will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

You can download the software suite from SE's web site. As noted in another thread, how you get it to work is another question. I can connect to the internet, but I can't browse.

Advertisement