Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prompt Payments Act

• 13-03-2007 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭

Does anyone know how this is applied?

From what I read there is a set interest rate applied daily which is set by the ECB, but by my calculations using an interest rate of 4.5% daily as per the Prompt Payments Act recults in an interest bill of €4,859.25, which seems a little high to me (based on an amound owed of €12540 over 31 days

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

Not entirely familiar with that act or the context. But if late payments to revenue commissioners are anything to go by it would be 4.5% per annum compounded and applied daily. So 4.5%/365 per day, compounded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭boomer_ie

Not entirely familiar with that act or the context. But if late payments to revenue commissioners are anything to go by it would be 4.5% per annum compounded and applied daily. So 4.5%/365 per day, compounded.

That sounds more like it, leads to an interest charge of €137.51 (€4.29 per day) hardly seems worth it....

Advertisement