Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone owned a Forester XT auto?

Options
  • 14-03-2007 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭

Im thinking about changing my car again and am considering a Subaru Forester. So looking for some info from owners if there are any out there.

Comments about the car include being heavy on fuel, is this heavy compared to a diesel, heavy compared to other 2 Litre petrol turbo engines?

90% of my driving is town based so I am pretty set on another automatic, do any of the forester autoboxs have steptronic?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Probably a bit old but I had a Forreser Auto (1999) on fleet some years back - never gave a moments bother. IIRC it was a petrol and I never heard any fuel consumtion complaints, but the guy did have it as a company car and probably wasn't too concerned about the fuel consumtion given he wasn't paying for it.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I test drove the XT auto 'sportshift' last year when I was looking for a new car. You can drive it kind of like a manual, but iirc this was only available on the 2.5XT, not on the 2.0X. I don't think there is such a thing as the 2.0XT.

Was good to drive but I couldn't get over the looks and the interior which I didn't like and is a bit dated imo. If I had gone for a 4x4 prob would have gone for it but decided not to go in that direction in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭joemc99

I recently changed my 2000 turbo s for a 2003 xt. Its a 2.0l turbo, unlike the new model that is 2.5l turbo. Performance is excellent, love the car. Interior is not as good as audi/bmw, but the car comes fully speced at a better price. 2.0 xt does 0-100km in 7.9 (ish), 2.5 xt does o-100km in a crazy 5.9!!!

Fuel aint great, fine for around town though, not too good if you drive big miles. Nowhere near as good as a diesel. fyi, Subaru are bringing out diesels at the end of 2008, initial testing is very promising, flat 4, better performance/economy than bmw/audi apparently.

2.0 xt auto performance drops from 7.9 - 9.5 ish I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Thanks for the feedback - appreciated. Now to find a couple to test drive.

V.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I drove a 1999 2.0T auto.

Lively performance, ride a bit harsh, and a massive appetite for fuel. Around town it was high teens mpg.

Reliable though, although the interior trim was flimsy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement