Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lab or Golden Retriever?

Options
  • 14-03-2007 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭

Someone identify this cutie:

4ddp2du.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

retriever i'd say.the coat is a bit longer than a lab.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

It's a blond, flat coated Labrador retriever. :D

They're all one and the same anyway, ie. the "Golden" is nothing but a blond "Flat Coated" which in turn is nothing but a long-haired "Labrador"

RETRIEVER

So, it basically depends on which "breeds" breeder you bought it from :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

I would say Labrador Retriever as the mussle is broad and short.

The colour is not golden enough either. I'd be only 60% sure though. Could be a cross :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

Its a young retriever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 riverdance

The dog in question is most certainly a Golden Retriever, I would say he is about one year old and looks purebred. There is no such breed as "Golden Labrador" the correct term is Labrador Retriever and that comes in three colours yellow, black and chocolate so you can have a 'Yellow Labrador' or a 'Black Labrador' etc. Golden Retrievers' colour can be anything from cream to dark gold, have a look on the All Ireland Golden Retriever website to see the 'breed standard' http://www.aigrc.com/Breed%20Standard.htm

regards
    riverdance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

I'd say he's a cross of both, he's a beautiful looking dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Golden retriever-or cross not a lab..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

I reckon it's a cat.

That is a young retriever probably a year old the coat has not matured yet although it is loosing its puppy coat and getting the longer coat. You can also see from the teeth that it is a young dog ie white and gums not stained in any way. We have had a few retrievers in our time last one had to be PTS three weeks ago. (had cancer and it was old so no quality of life)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I reckon it's a cat.
    please note I will not tolerate useless & pointless posts on this forum! Please consider this to be a friendly warning! Keep threads on topic please & I will be a happy mod!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

golden wrote:
    That is a young retriever probably a year old the coat has not matured yet although it is loosing its puppy coat and getting the longer coat. You can also see from the teeth that it is a young dog ie white and gums not stained in any way. We have had a few retrievers in our time last one had to be PTS three weeks ago. (had cancer and it was old so no quality of life)

Huge hugs hun, I know how hard it is when you lose a pet, even when you know its for the best its never easy.

Thanks Bond-007.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

This is my Labrador - note the difference from a Retriever

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51798469/

Slumped

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Bond-007 wrote:
    please note I will not tolerate useless & pointless posts on this forum! Please consider this to be a friendly warning! Keep threads on topic please & I will be a happy mod!
    I thought it was quite funny actually :)

Advertisement