Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XDA-Developers.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

They dont want to shut down the site. They just contacted them recently and asked them to remove all ROM files

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

Thanks for clearing that up.
    But the web site has been unavailable of late.

Has anyone else got any updates.
    Regards
    Silverski

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

There is a link on xda developers to the new Window Mobile 6 ROM.

Can you honestly say that is legal? Especially since it is not available on devices that are currently sold.

Personally, I've found XDA developers quite frustrating. It is poorly moderated, and you have a large volume of non-native English speakers whose posts consist of either illegible requests for help or masses of exclamation marks.

It is still up, though noticeably slower than usual.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

tom dunne wrote:
    There is a link on xda developers to the new Window Mobile 6 ROM.

Can you honestly say that is legal? Especially since it is not available on devices that are currently sold.

Yes it is, maybe not in this country but MS relased it at the start of the year and first handsets are out AFAIK. Thats where the WM6 ROM on xda dev comes from.

Strange thing, I have not been able to acess the site for a couple of days now.

Anyone any thoughts

Regards
    Silverski

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

silverski wrote:
    Strange thing, I have not been able to acess the site for a couple of days now.

Anyone any thoughts

Regards
    Silverski

Do the usual - can you ping the site, do a tracert, check your own security software isn't blocking it, etc.
    Rew wrote:
    Yes it is, maybe not in this country but MS relased it at the start of the year and first handsets are out AFAIK. Thats where the WM6 ROM on xda dev comes from.

I don't think there are any devices actually on sale with WM6 (Google only shows me devices that are announced). Still, the extraction of a ROM image and posting it on a website is still technically illegal.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get my hands on it, but I will refrain for now. :)

Thanks Tom

Just loaded up Firefox and hey presto, the site loaded.
    I have been having a lot of problems lately with IE7.
    Will have to post on the relevant forum to get some help with that one.

Many thanks
    Silverski

Advertisement