Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Three not as cheap as you think

• 14-03-2007 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭

I've been looking to get a new phone & network on bill pay and looked seriously at 3, meteor & O2. Had almost gone with 'three' and then crap service stopped me, then thought about Meteor - quite good excellent service but in the end opted for O2.

Why.

3 have the cheapest price plans but the dearest phones, they also don't allow you to carry over unused minutes but even more importantly is people who call you fom landlines are chrged about 30c per minute against 22c per minute for O2 and 27c per minute for Meteor!

Why O2 - you can carry over minutes, phones are cheapest (and best range) and if you buy online they give you 20% extra minutes every month + for the next 6 months 100% extra free!

So headline price is not always best price!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

For some odd reason, I suspect landline calls from eircom to Meteor will no doubt go down in price shortly :)

But you're right, you really do need to investigate all aspects when choosing your company. Free minutes aren't everything. You need to cover all aspects, from calls, texts to roaming, phone to, like you said, how cheap it is for people to call you as well, something which most people wouldn't even think about.

Advertisement