Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this possible?

Options
  • 14-03-2007 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭

hi,
    I was chattin in work about gettin NTL broadband in and one of the guys piped up sayin he has free 6mb broadband in his house (and also digital).

I asked him to explain and he says that in his last house he lived in, he swiped the cable modem and digibox before he moved out and got them cracked somehow so he can use them in his new house, which has an NTL point in his sittin room. he says he now has 6mb broadband and digital.

is this possible? he usually seems normal but i just wanna know wat to say to him if he mentions it again.

thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

The_B_Man wrote:
    hi,
    I was chattin in work about gettin NTL broadband in and one of the guys piped up sayin he has free 6mb broadband in his house (and also digital).

I asked him to explain and he says that in his last house he lived in, he swiped the cable modem and digibox before he moved out and got them cracked somehow so he can use them in his new house, which has an NTL point in his sittin room. he says he now has 6mb broadband and digital.

is this possible? he usually seems normal but i just wanna know wat to say to him if he mentions it again.

thanks.

Well he is either lying or stealing so suggest that he stop whichever of them he is actually doing. And claiming in the workplace that he is stealing is hardly going to enhance his reputation so the best thing to say to him on balance is 'Shut Up'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

NTL need to activate it on his end don't they? I dont think he can just connect the modem and have it work... you need that box thingy that is on the wall for the tv!

Im probably not making sense lol... It would be worth a try, I could try it in my dads house lol!

If it worked fair play to him but I wouldnt go around mouthing it

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's criminal. He is liable to conviction and large fines for theft of service.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

watty wrote:
    It's criminal. He is liable to conviction and large fines for theft of service.

what watty said, thread locked
    any further discussed on this subject will be locked and people may be banned

Have a nice day :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement