Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need To Downgrade PSP v3.03 & Below, Well Come Here

Options
  • 14-03-2007 3:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Need to downgrade and haven't a clue how to, well you came to the right place. Everything you need is in the downloads below.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Firmware Updates

3.03 UPDATE
    dl.gif

2.80 UPDATE
    dl.gif

2.71 UPDATE
    dl.gif

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Recovery For Any OE Version

Brick your psp or just
    want to go back to 1.5

dl.gif

Still Confused, well this thread may help
    created by taekwondokid. Read More...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Downgrades

Please Select Your PSP Firmware Version Below, Which You Need To Downgrade.

3.03 3.02 3.01 3.00

2.81 2.80 2.71 2.70
    2.60 2.50 2.01 2.00

1.52 1.51 1.50

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

What To Do After DownGrading

3.10oe-A Open Edition Firmware Installer
    If you have a 1.5, you can use this, Its 3.10 mixed with 1.5 so you can play your PSX games without the need for a PS3 and all the other features 3.10 has, It other best strength it it can launch homebrew just like a 1.5 and also launch ISO's straight from the GAME menu.
    dl.gif

Devhook .52.01 Installer
    When you have downgraded to 1.5, you will need Devhook to play your Umd's and ISO's(but i advise on getting 3.10oe its can lauch iso's and its just the best).
    Here's a Link, to Devhook .52.01 Installer
    dl.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Cheers for that mate. Am about to take the plunge and go for the upgrade to 3.03 OE-C after running 1.5 firmware since I bought my PSP back in April 2005.

I want to be able to play PS1 games too but am pretty clueless about how all that works, perhaps you can recommend a good tutorial for a noob on this area? I am fine with the upgrade, found a good tutorial here for it (http://www.pspmod.com/forums/showthread.php?p=112210)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

TBH, I wouldn't be too keen on using those links. Go to psphacks.com and download from there. The ones on the Eircom webspace may brick your psp.

Hey there,
    Not sure what u mean by Eircom webspace mate?

M

All the documents are stored on Eircom's free servers and all the files are stored on Rapid Share. My point being there is no control over these files and they potentially could destory your PSP. I just wouldn't trust someone's first post about a topic like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Calos

lol, i'm a well respected member of psp-hacks

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=58272
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=32989

sure i just copied the post over here to help you guys.

my site is only new and yes it uses eircom to host the actual site, and a different server to host the forum and i use rapidhsare or any file sharing server to share the files i provide.

i have advertising on it, so i can get a proper web server and domain name.

so man please stop dissing it.

• Advertisement

@Calos,
    Hey mate, cheers for those. I am looking for a guide (preferably on PSP Hacks) that explains how to upgrade to 3.03 OE-C from 1.5 firmware?

I also need a guide on how to play PS1 games on PSP?

Cheers,
    Mark

Hee, just a bit wary of people signing up and posting that kinda stuff. Lots of dodgy people about. Fair play though.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

i posted on where to get tutorials to upgrade to 3.10oea, a few weeks ago, tis probably down the end of the forum. instructions and details all there. links to reputable psp sites

madmoe wrote:
    @Calos,
    Hey mate, cheers for those. I am looking for a guide (preferably on PSP Hacks) that explains how to upgrade to 3.03 OE-C from 1.5 firmware?

I also need a guide on how to play PS1 games on PSP?

Cheers,
    Mark

www.pspcalo.co.nr go to 3.10oe then at the bottom there is a history you will find 3.03oe fully set-up for you with instructions.

also there is a tut on how to use psx games on the psp in the forums i have no yest got a change to write a new page at my site. :(

lads no problem with being weary i understand, i am a stranger at the end of the day. but i swear you can trust me.

i'm from dublin to, i do scaffolding well i quit though, but i went in today as ya'man needed me. but i say i'm getting a new job in the airport this week, well i hope.

also i put up the scaffolding at the temple theatre, beside dorset street, so you's can see me great work if you's are ever going past. lol :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

Yea this is a good post. But we are understandably a bit wary since you are very new to the forum and PSP's can be bricked rather easily given the wrong files.

• Advertisement

do you know any good computer stores in dublin, i'm looking into building a pc, and am wondering if you know any good shops to get bargains. its a pity newegg is not in ireland. i check for a 500gb hard at an irish site, its was 230euro, then at newegg a even better one for 139dollars.

Hey guys,
    I am now the proud owner of a 3.03 OE-C PSP after following this guide last night. IMHO this is one of the best and easy to use guides I have ever come across. I realy happen with the new firmnware and its coll not to need devhook anymore to luanch games etc.

Cheers,
    Mark

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psp&thread.id=2748114&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Calos wrote:
    do you know any good computer stores in dublin, i'm looking into building a pc, and am wondering if you know any good shops to get bargains. its a pity newegg is not in ireland. i check for a 500gb hard at an irish site, its was 230euro, then at newegg a even better one for 139dollars.

Try Komplett.ie http://komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=314041
    or Dabs.ie/
    Usually will find a bargain between the 2 of them.

ongarite wrote:
    Try Komplett.ie http://komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=314041
    or Dabs.ie/
    Usually will find a bargain between the 2 of them.

thanks man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Much difference between the 3.03 OE-C and the 3.10?

between 3.03oe and 3.10 not much, except the icon rco file is encrypted with 3.10oe so no changing that icon yet, i use 3.10oe as i never graphically customize my psp to that change doesn't bother me.

psx compatibility for pal psx is better though on 3.10oe and you can get a plugin for earlier prx's from 3.00 up to 3.11 for best compatibility with psx games.

if your new i'd go for 3.10oe, or if you don't mind not customizing the main icons.

nah cos then id have to roll back, using 3.03 now. Too much hassle. Format mem stick, restore default settings, etc...

you are using official 3.03 or 3.03oe?

Calos wrote:
    you are using official 3.03 or 3.03oe?

OE. Playing FF7 meself ATM. Cant wait for the
    Shinra Building exit FMV
    Ahh the owlden days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Doffaldinho

madmoe wrote:
    I want to be able to play PS1 games too but am pretty clueless about how all that works, perhaps you can recommend a good tutorial for a noob on this area? I am fine with the upgrade, found a good tutorial here for it (http://www.pspmod.com/forums/showthread.php?p=112210)

Just put them in the GAME folder. The emulator is built into the Custom Frimware.

Also to the Thread Creator, I take it you got Taekwondokids full permission to use this thread?

I find the layout and the file placement of this thread very very familiar, Lets just hope your not stealing someone elses credit.

• Advertisement

i am a senior member at psp hacks, i did not steal this from taekwondokid's posts as he didn't make it i did. he is my bud there.

check psp-hacks forums.
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewforum.php?id=3

i have my downgrading thread, my devhook thread and open edition(oe) thread two of which are stickied.

i am a well respected member there and try to help all i can.

sure taekwondokid's pm'ed me, asking for me to put a link to his bricking guide in my downgrading thread.

Upgraded, HEN'd, Downgraded and custom firmwared my friends PSP. All with relative ease. HEN Loader worked first time.

I use this file. Tis good. With thanks to the folks on PSP hacks IRC channel who made me aware of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just put them in the GAME folder. The emulator is built into the Custom Frimware.

Also to the Thread Creator, I take it you got Taekwondokids full permission to use this thread?

I find the layout and the file placement of this thread very very familiar, Lets just hope your not stealing someone elses credit.

Lads Calos is a very respected member of quiet a few PSP sites that I frequent. If you have any hassles goto www.psp-hacks.com and take a look at what this guy contributes to the scene!!
    All the stuff he posts is real and I have used all his files on a number of occassions and never had a spot pf bpther with any of them!!

Advertisement