Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Writing Clubs?

• 14-03-2007 5:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wonder are there any writing, reading or poetry clubs in the Waterford City area? Id really like to join one if there were. Any info would be appreciated, cheers folks :p

Arc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭kitty_kilkenny

I don't know of any writing clubs but I'd say your best bet would be to contact the central library or Ardkeen Library - they'd surely know.
    There is a creative writing course at WIT - I'm going to sign up for it in September.
    www2.wit.ie/StudyatWIT/AdultEd/CoursesJan2007/Description,8075,en.htm - 10k - (sorry, don't really know how to put a link here)
    Let us know if you find anything?
    KK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I was at an event in Ardkeen library last week. There were 4 authors giving a talk about their work, how they got started and giving loads of helpful advice. People in the audience said there are writing groups in Waterford City so hopefully the library should know these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,665 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The adult education center at Oznam Street have an excellent writing group tho' there's usually a waiting list. Waterford College of Further Education do an evening class.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PetraMac

Archimedes, to my knowledge the existing writing groups are held during the day and so are not ideal for working people. (I mean groups here, not courses - some of those are in the evening.) A friend and I are trying to start up a writing group with the aim of being more suitable for working people i.e. that would meet in the evenings. We think there'd be demand for this as there seem to be younger people who write in Waterford who would love the motivation of a group if it were at a time that was possible for them. If you'd be interested in this, send me a private message on this board.

Advertisement