Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet problems when using a wireless router

Options
  • 14-03-2007 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭

When I connect directly to my digiweb satellite modem I have no problems surfing the web.

When I use my sweex wireless router then I can surf the web fine but have strange problems.

- I can't sign into hotmail
    - I can't sign into windows live messenger
    - I cannot send emails from any other webbased mail client or using pop3 mail
    - Some times when filling forms on webpages the site falls over.

I have set up my network card and the router to use static IP and pot forwarding but it's till the same, and driving me bananas, as it means if I want to use mt mail I can't connect wirelessly from home. I have to physically connect my computer to the modem and take the router out of the equation.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

NickyOD wrote:

When I use my sweex wireless router

Thats probably your problem. Something like a Linksys, Netgear even a Belkin would be better! Sweex are one of the lesser known makes IMO

Advertisement