Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Knowing Me, Knowing You - A-ha!

• 14-03-2007 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭

I thought that I'd kick off a kind of "get to know you" thread where we can post a little about ourselves & our age/lifestyle-related "afflictions".

Here goes...

Me - I'm 38, married to Mrs Billy with 2 boys (HB Jr I - 4½ years & HB Jr II - 4 weeks).

Hair:
    I started receding from the temples around 12 years ago - this has since stablised & doesn't appear to be getting any worse.
    However, I'm starting to get a bit thin at the crown over the past year.

Gut:
    Waist size: 34"
    Things that affect my belly:
    Guinness, fine wines, home-made curries, sitting on my hoop too much.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hey, congrats on the birth of HB Jr II :)

I'm 32 in July - getting married in July (about time, I've been with Mrs. r3nu4l for 8 years!).

Hair:
    Balding from the front, going backwards towards the crown since I was about 20 :)

Gut:
    Waist 32", no real beer belly, just not toned. Once wedding is over, joining the local gym, I've even been for the tour and got the leaflets just to show willing :D

I like Guinness, good malt scotch, and also home-made curry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Right.

I'm 27 on the 4th of next month and single.

Hair

Started to receed at about 18-19. Basically bald now at this stage. Hair grows at the back and sides but nt that much. Anying that grows at the top of my head is sparse and feels fluffy.

For the above reasons I shave with a mach 3.

Gut

Waist 32" (Who am I kidding, its 34"). Beer belly is not too noticeable depending on clothes worn and I'm 6'5. Recently someone said to me "Getting a bit of a pot there pete".

Drink Guinness and eat loads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Im 22

Although my GF delights in telling me that I have a bald patch its complete and utter Cr@p. I'm one of those lucky people who genetically, have very little chance of going bald or suffering with a receding hair line..

I do however have a beer gut....which I think qualifies me for this forum???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ok - 29, married to Mrs. 6th for nearly four years now and r3nu4l I beat you as I was with her 10 years before popping the question ;)

Hair: As soon as it started going 8 years ago I started to shave it ...

Gut: I dont actually drink beer but I've been eating crap for years, it started to go on while I was working in a shop but I plan on losing alot of it this year. At 5'6" and very stocky I can carried the 34" waist with out too much trouble.

Oh and with kiddy number two arriving in early july and No.1 turning 3 at the end of July what hair I have left should either be grey or gone by about September!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

OK you cant call a 34" Waist a beer gut! I'd call that skinny!
    This is a beer gut!

Things that increase my beerish guttishness are: beer of all types.
    I love beer. Beer is my mistress. I love the sound of a can or bottle opening. I love the clink it makes when I buy it. I love slowly pouring it. I love the first sip through a sturdy head. I love all types, tastes, flavours and colours of beer. I'm a beeraholic. and its ****ing great.

I also live close to far too many chippies, chineses, indians, and every kinda handy bad for you takeaway that there is.

I also get paid to watch telly. Yup... there aint no hope for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ah see the 34 is what my jeans are and they get tucked under the gut .... I dare not measure around the equator.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

23, Single.

The hairline started creeping upwards about 2 years ago and seems to have stopped for the moment. However, it's started to thin out on top. Strangely, the hair thing doesn't really run in the family too much.

The gut proudly protrudes like a soldier standing to attention at a...giant...cup of tea. It appreciates the broad spectrum of beers from fine weissbier down to 7 euro "bricks" of Tuborg. It likes to be fed on the burgers from Galway's finest, Costello's Kebabhaus, when I'm back home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

38 going on about twelve, single but seeing the other half for about six months now.

Hair

Been thinning for years so I keep it to a no 1 so nobody will notice.
    One of my favourite quotes.. "Hair is only something that supports your hat until your ears take up the weight"

Waist

32. Of course that's under the beergut. It's getting smaller though as my new job involves a lot of walking:( . I am however trying to top it up every weekend with plenty of beer (any kind really except Smithwicks) and special fried rice.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Hi, my name is OldmanMondeo, Im 35 and I am going bald and have a beer belly

Hair.
    On it's way and has been for the last number of years. Couldn't be arsed to hide it or shave my head.

Belly.
    After spending my teenage years competiting in sport, I sucembed to beer when I reach the 18. It was however no until my mid to late twenties that I started to grow my belly. I do sometimes thing that it is not in fact a beer belly, but just the muscle from my teenage years gone flabby.... My main vise would have been the black stuff, but now adays I stick to wiskey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

I do sometimes thing that it is not in fact a beer belly, but just the muscle from my teenage years gone flabby.... My main vise would have been the black stuff, but now adays I stick to wiskey

Ah Yes.. we've all used that one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Me: married, 33 years old, no kids.

Hair

Well, see attached. It's funny - I was looking at some pictures of me in my 20's the other night and I had a hair resembling an Afro. Oh what a difference 10 years makes.

Waist

34" with a slight overhang. It was much worse (quote: "cuddly"), but now that I am walking more it appears to have receded somewhat.

Edit: I didn't realise I looked so demonic in that photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Me: married, 33 years old, two kids.

Hair

black/grey loads of it, its a mess most of the time.

Waist

36" with an overhang. It was worse when my wife was preggers (I was trying to keep up with her bump failed though)

This is a good yin to the fitness forums "try harder" yang. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

fessin' up time

36, married to mrs trout for 10 years, with her 5 years before that

3 little trouts, 6,4, and 1 (two girls, one boy).

beer gut is 40" around the equator, actually very worried about that ... expanding rapidly due to hiatus in rugby career, and a never ending delight in beers, curries, burgers, pizzas ... you name it, i'll eat it.

hair has been sparse on top for last 5 years, and is starting to accelerate ... usually disguise it with a 2 or 3 blade ... next stage is the kojak look

edit : looks a little 'whispy' today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

25, married 3 years in May, no kids

Hair: rapidly receeding at the front, keep it tight. Maybe I'll let it grow and have enough for a comb over.

Waist: 30, been like that for years. I don't put on much weight and don't drink alkeyhol *runs out the door with face covered* :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Ruu wrote:
    I don't put on much weight and don't drink alkeyhol *runs out the door with face covered* :)
    OUT!!!!
    OUT RIGHT NOW!!!!!
    You know where the door is.
    Your stance on drinking sickens me.

Your stance on drinking sickens me.

Don't mind him Ruu, it's just the beer talking :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

27 - girlfriend is 24.

Hair
    Receding rapidly since I was about 18, from the front to the back, and around the crown.

Waist
    36/37 with a bit of overhang

Things that affect my belly
    Pint bottles of Guinness - gassy goodness
    Bulmers
    Becks Vier
    Jim Beam and Coke
    Bacardi and Coke
    Jaegermeister
    Charlies I, II, III and IV Chinese resstaurants after a night out
    Iskanders
    Zaytoon
    Chips
    Cashews
    Coke
    Ribena non-toothkind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭Baraboo

44 Married to Mrs. Boo for the last 19 years

Hair receding at the front with the odd grey wispy bit thrown in, with what my children refer to as "The alien landing pad" or "crop circle" at the crown

3 Children - 12 13 and 16

Bear gut rather than Beer gut - 40inch with overhang.... I win I win..Ha Ha Ha.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Hair
    not receding one bit but rapidly going grey around the sides

waist
    38" with a decent beer gut hanging over it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Ruu wrote:
    Maybe I'll let it grow and have enough for a comb over.

For the love of Cthulu, No!!! :eek:

Anyway, Roundy here, 5' 10", 30 summers, one daughter, a bump that promises to morph into another daughter (apparently)in mid July, and a 32" waist that cradles a small but ever growing bump of my own. Oh, and no hair to speak of. At all.

/takes a seat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

24 in relationship for past 4 years

hair

is going from front to back still spike it at the front hanging onto that at least!!
    will be gone by 30 i'd say

Belly
    36" for comfort but i wear a 34 normally. Done the unmentionable and measured around the equator this evening put it this way it was over 40 AAAAH!!!

Pleasures in life include

Guinness
    Bulmers pint bottles
    Long neck miller * sipping now as i type!

Chicken szechaun
    Kebabs only chilli sauce MmM
    Chips
    Pizza
    Jumbo breakfast rolls

Thats me! Glad to be part of this forum

We will have to do up ID cards!!!

Bazzy wrote:
    Jumbo breakfast rolls

2 eggs 2 sausage 2 rashers 2 bacon 2 pudding 1 black 1 white, all stacked like a tower.....

2 eggs 2 sausage 2 rashers 2 bacon 2 pudding 1 black 1 white, all stacked like a tower.....

...on top of each other and rouled (rolled) up good an' tight :D

A new BGRH theme song? :D

r3nu4l wrote:
    ...on top of each other and rouled (rolled) up good an' tight :D

A new BGRH theme song? :D

excellent idea, that has to be the theme tune to this forum, is there any way it can play when the forum opens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

if your having some tea there's milk over there you'll find sugar in a bowl

Says she do u want some sauce on that says i, I do in my roll!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I think I'm going to like it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I am but a wee 19 year old, the baby of the board.

Hair
    My hair is currently long and curly, but if it were short it would be noticeably creeping towards the back of my skull. My dad's bald, and I've accepted this as my fate.

Belly
    My waist is either 32 or 34, I can't remember and I couldn't be arsed checking. There is also quite a substantial amount of overhang.

Pleasures
    When in Pubs, I'm a Heineken drinker. At home, however, it's Fink Brau all the way for me, which is bought in boxes of 24 bottles for €11 in Lidl.

"But how do you open them?" you may ask. "Surely you'd have to lean, reach, or even *shudder* STAND to open the bottles?"

FEAR NOT, for I am the proud bearer of the greatest invention ever.

I am also at the brilliant age at which I can still get away with buying sweets from a shop without being judged. These are one of my guilty pleasures in life, and I attribute my waist entirely to the copious amount of Sherbet Strawberries I consumed as a child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Sofaspud wrote:
    I am but a wee 19 year old, the baby of the board.

Hair
    My hair is currently long and curly, but if it were short it would be noticeably creeping towards the back of my skull. My dad's bald, and I've accepted this as my fate.
    Belly
    My waist is either 32 or 34, I can't remember and I couldn't be arsed checking. There is also quite a substantial amount of overhang.

Pleasures
    When in Pubs, I'm a Heineken drinker. At home, however, it's Fink Brau all the way for me, which is bought in boxes of 24 bottles for €11 in Lidl.

"But how do you open them?" you may ask. "Surely you'd have to lean, reach, or even *shudder* STAND to open the bottles?"

FEAR NOT, for I am the proud bearer of the greatest invention ever.

I am also at the brilliant age at which I can still get away with buying sweets from a shop without being judged. These are one of my guilty pleasures in life, and I attribute my waist entirely to the copious amount of Sherbet Strawberries I consumed as a child.

The Force is strong with this one. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

Salut,

25 next month

Hair

In college I had a beautiful crown of long flowing hair then God, with his peverse and ironic sense of humour, decided to afflict me with the terrible burden or receding hair. Oh I used to be pretty once. God, you're vindictive c**t.

Belly

6 pack - started working out when my hair started falling out to compensate for my new-found ugliness!

pleasures

I still drinks beer of course but mostly on the weekends and I'm a friend of the gang-y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

J.S. Pill wrote:
    Salut,

25 next month

Hair

In college I had a beautiful crown of long flowing hair then God, with his peverse and ironic sense of humour, decided to afflict me with the terrible burden or receding hair. Oh I used to be pretty once. God, you're vindictive c**t.

Belly

6 pack - started working out when my hair started falling out to compensate for my new-found ugliness!

pleasures

I still drinks beer of course but mostly on the weekends and I'm a friend of the gang-y
    I don't think you belong here.

seansouth wrote:

I think so, brother.

We will have to consult with Grand Knight Robbo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Me: 35, Married, no kids, two cats (easier to maintain than children and can fend for themselves).

Hair: It's been receding for about 10 years, slowly, but now the top is getting thin. I shave it regularly to disguise the fact.

Belly: 38 waist, but reducing lately, but given I'm a big bugger anyway, I doubt I'll ever look slim. Who wants to be slim anyway?

Pleasures: Beer, preferably German, but so long as it's amber and fizzy... Friday night chinese, Deep Pan Pizzas (why did they close Chicago Pizza Pie? Damn them to hell!)

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/69580/32310.JPG

seansouth wrote:

Look, I clearly need emotional support from my fellow men. As I said, I only started working out coz I needed to compensate for my receding hair so If my hair wasn't receding I'd have a beer gut - its one or the other.

I've been treathened with banning from other forums for sexist comments so I see this as the only safe haven from those strap-on wearing P.C. lesbians, a place where men can be men and live in filth/peace.

Won't you let me live!?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Me - I'm 39, single and with no zaphlings.

Hair:
    Forgive me Brothers, but I am afflicted with a full and healthy head of hair the refuses to recede.

Gut:
    Waist size: 38" - there are far too many here with paltry 34" waists, which doesn't qualify as a beer gut in my book. I believe my ample girth helps remove some of the stigma associated with my hirsuteness.

Pleasures:
    Beer, chips, idleness

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

J.S. Pill wrote:
    Look, I clearly need emotional support from my fellow men. As I said, I only started working out coz I needed to compensate for my receding hair so If my hair wasn't receding I'd have a beer gut - its one or the other.

I've been treathened with banning from other forums for sexist comments so I see this as the only safe haven from those strap-on wearing P.C. lesbians, a place where men can be men and live in filth/peace.

Won't you let me live!?
    If you can see your way to working out with a pair of breakfast rolls and a mug of tea instead of on your treadmill with a litre of Evian they may be some hope for you.

Otherwise, you'd better bend over for those strap-on wielding wenches!

J.S. Pill wrote:
    strap-on wearing P.C. lesbians, a place where men can be men and live in filth/peace.

Won't you let me live!?

Because you mentioned something that is very dear to my heart, I am willing to let you live.

Welcome, brother J.

(brother JS Pill just doesn't sound right :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Hagar - 50, married 26 years to the long suffering Mrs.
    Two progeny both male, 21 and 13. Both up and coming wasters I'm proud to say.

Hair:
    Grey cut short 12mm blade all over. A bit thin on top. The only part on me that is.

Gut:
    Waist size: 38" - in metric that's a lot of litres.

Ambition:
    To have a telly bigger than my belly.

Pleasures:
    Wine, pastis, chips with bread and butter, chips without bread and butter, wine, Bacardi, did I mention wine? When I get back to Dublin next month I'm going to stuff myself with onion rings and batter burgers and Brennan's Bread, the heels, both ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭skibum

40, living in sin with my better half :p for the last 11 years, two little darlings, one of each, 9 & 4, got the plumbing sorted out so there will be no more little surprises for me!

Hair:
    Bald, unfortunate trait of my clan, except for my brother, still has a full head of hair, b@stard :D
    I get a 0 blade every couple of weeks.

Gut:
    Waist size: 32" with a small bit of overhang

Weight:
    approx 72kg

Pleasures:
    Crisps, nuts, bombay mix, chinese food, steaks covered in pepper sauce with onions, crisps, fresh fruit salad :confused: , spicey food. Did I mention crisps?

Every time I go away I try to bring back as many packets of local types of crisps and crisp type snacks. Just came back from a weekend in paris with 42 bags of assorted munchies in my suitcase!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

couldnt find a better head shot though.

Word on the street is that a couple of the guys over in the Shooting forum have been contracted to work on your "head shot" problem.

You'll be safe here though. Brothers need to stick together. But stay away from Book Repositories & keep an eye out for Grassy Knolls nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Greetings,

I'm 21 and single.

Hair: I've been cursed with a full head of it.

Gut: 28"

As you can see I am but a novice in these parts. I eat more than most people I know (current favourite is 16" pizza, garlic bread and ice-cream - nyom) however I have failed to increase my girth.

My next endeavor is to increase my sedentiary lifestyle to aid me in that task. Maybe I should invest in a commode.

tom dunne wrote:
    Because you mentioned something that is very dear to my heart, I am willing to let you live.

Welcome, brother J.

(brother JS Pill just doesn't sound right :D)

Brother J! I'm so touched (Sniff* wiping tear from eye)

I love you guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

J.S. Pill wrote:

I love you guys!
    It must be noted though that you should be aspiring to a keg rather than a six pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

J.S. Pill wrote:

I love you guys!

Hey! No soppy stuff in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Hello everyone. My name is Fozzie Bear and i'm a fat hairy bastard.

Age; 29 (the big 30 in August):eek:

Children; None that i know of.

Hair: Full head of thick black hair (alas) that covers from the top of my head to the tip of my toes (front and back!!!!). But it's rapidly turning grey....... Grey pubes and hair up my nose. Whats that all about??

Gut; Waist 36 with an ample over hang. B cup man breasts...... although doctor has told me to loose weight as i'm turning my liver into pâté. Mmmmmm pâté (see below)

Weight; 19 stone! (6'1" rugby player)

Pleasures; Fish & chips with side order of curry from McDonaghs on Quay street in Galway, Chinese food, chocolate, copious amounts of Budweiser at weekends, steaks (well done) with pepper sauce, Ranchero + snax crisps, Shepard’s pie, pâté, home made chips, chip sandwiches, My mothers home made brown and white bread with lashings of My Grandmothers home made rhubarb jam. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

All of above will be consumed tomorrow btw while watching the rugby....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Hello. I'm tbh, and I'm nearly 33. I'm 5' 9", 13 stone and have a full head of hair, although it seems to be connecting itself to the rest of my body. I delight in picking my nose, picking my ears with my keys, scratching my arse and farting in bed followed by a subtle duvet waft. I've been going out with a girl for four years, I think she must have no sense of smell.

I did have a beer belly, but was devastated to find that it was merely the result of too much insulin being injected in there - I'm a diabetic. Since I've stopped injecting my beautiful creation has been reduced to nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Hello Brothers. My name is Green_Martian and i'm a fat lazy ****.

Age; 25

Children; None.

Hair: Starting to see some receeding going on, with also a few grey hairs already.........:eek:

Gut; Waist 34 or 36.......:p I also have some man boobs

Weight; 14 or 15 stone, afraid to go near scales

Pleasures; Apache Pizza, McDonalds, BK all the usual junk and best of all a nice greasy Brekkie Roll.........
    Plenty of Beer as well while watching or going to the footie

Please accept me to this Botherhood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

mmm ... Pizzas, Beer, Breakfast Rolls, moobs, avoids scales .... *thinks* *thinks* *prrps*

let us welcome Brother Green Martian ... truly not being of this earth is no barrier to Brotherhood :)

Gut; Waist 34 or 36.......:p I also have some man boobs

Brother Green, welcome to the brotherhood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 LeoSeine

Leo here,

just heading for 26,

long hair but that damned inherited receding hairline is doing me damage!!

beer belly has been a work in progress for quite a while! God bless Guinness, heineken and Wernesgruner!! Pils Legende

I think i may just have found my second home..if you'll have me!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement