Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile Phone Advice.

• 14-03-2007 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,238 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all.

After nearly 2 years, my k750i is starting to act up; turning off and back on for no reason, joystick not working properly some of the time, new events button not working some of the time, the other day the 'back' button replaced itself with 'delete' which made exiting out of SMS reading...interesting...

However, I passed my driving test yesterday, and i am getting 180 back from my insurance company. Gonna put the money towards a new phone. I'll be looking at the 300-400 range (cause i love my gadgets....lol) and was wondering what i should go for.

the phone must have bluetooth, and good camera (at least 2mp), must look nice and be easy to use. Having a memory slot, either MS Duo or SD is a big preference, and being able to hook it up to the PC so download programs and music/ringtones on to it would be great as well (like the k750i)

Can anyone suggest a good phone to go for, either out now, or coming out soon. I'm on Meteor pay as you go, and do not want a bill phone, cause it would simply not be cost affective (PAYG only costs me about 40 a month in credit, at worst) Not bothered about getting one already on Meteor as an 'upgrade' but i definately do not want to switch networks, so its Metoer or Sim-Free.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

k800i is your best bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Yup, the k800i is one of the best phones on the market.
    You won't be disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,238 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

there anything else about? D900 maybe? What is it like?

My mothers husband has the k800i so would prob end up taking mine to work with him! I do like it though, screen has great clarity, and the flash is something that really should have come with the k750i.

I have an old XDAII sitting at home at the moment too, so i might give it a go and see what it is like on a long term thing, having tested it for a week or so over christmas - feels a bit too big though, and the battery life is a bit of a pain, which is what put me off over christmas, plus i feel a bit odd having an XDA with no actual use for it other then as a phone or to play games on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Jason1984 wrote:
    Yup, the k800i is one of the best phones on the market.
    You won't be disappointed.

Yes i agree with you.K800i is one of the best phones and you seriously wonot be dissapointed.its got a 3.2 megapixel camera and a mp3 player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Tauren wrote:
    there anything else about? D900 maybe? What is it like?

My mothers husband has the k800i so would prob end up taking mine to work with him! I do like it though, screen has great clarity, and the flash is something that really should have come with the k750i.

I have an old XDAII sitting at home at the moment too, so i might give it a go and see what it is like on a long term thing, having tested it for a week or so over christmas - feels a bit too big though, and the battery life is a bit of a pain, which is what put me off over christmas, plus i feel a bit odd having an XDA with no actual use for it other then as a phone or to play games on.

Im in the same situation as yourself, k750i on its last legs and looking to upgrade for around 300. Ive narrowed it down to 4 phones.

K800i
    k800i_Vierseiten.jpg

N80
    N80bis.jpg

N73
    nokia_n73_music_edition_1.jpg

W850i
    78647_03_walkman.jpg

Been looking up reviews for all 4 over the last few days and they all review positively. I can't decide. I'm leaning towards the N80/N73 purely for a change as Ive had the k750i for a while now. Only problem is the black N73 seems to be hard enough to get for any sort of cheap price. Seems to be very expensive everywhere (Think it comes with a 2gb card).

p.s the k750 does have a flash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Best bet is to go into one of the new 3 shops on Henry or Grafton St if you are in Dublin as they have full working samples on display throughout the shop of the N73 and the two SE phones. They don't do the N80 anymore though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

quintron wrote:
    Best bet is to go into one of the new 3 shops on Henry or Grafton St if you are in Dublin as they have full working samples on display throughout the shop of the N73 and the two SE phones. They don't do the N80 anymore though.

V.good idea actually.

Tusky wrote:
    p.s the k750 does have a flash.
    flash, on the k750i? How the hell do you turn it on? I know you can turn on the light when taking a pic - but i never saw an option for flash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Tauren wrote:
    flash, on the k750i? How the hell do you turn it on? I know you can turn on the light when taking a pic - but i never saw an option for flash!
    that is the flash :)

Pah! Thats not flash - it doesn't....you know...FLASH! On the K800i it actually does flash, like a normal camera

• Advertisement

jamesozzie wrote:
    I have a Samsung D900 and i have to say, not only is it the best phone I have ever seen or used, I also cant imagine there being a better phone on the market. It looks the business, it has a micro SD slot so i have 1gb of tunes, bluetooth, a 3megapixel camera and a feature I find very hand is a document viewer. I work with computers and now with my D900 i can open PDF's, Excell sheets, Powerpoint, Word and other computer files!!! I also use the bluetooth a lot to transfer the files. The phone is also the smallest and lightest slider phone on the market. I also didnt mention the TV output and the excellent sound on the D900!!

I know Im raving on about the D900 now but really, I cant stress how happy I am with mine. Its looks a lot slicker than any other phone on the market and since getting one im now going to stick with samsung as I said i would do with nokia before until they lost ground with their mobiles!!

As with any phone there are negatives such as there being no radio built in, no personalised message tone and its not too easy to add new games to the phone but in my opinion these are not too important.

My friend has a K800 and after playing around with my D900 he's going to ditch the SE and get one. Im sure the K800 is a great phon but theres no way I would swap mine for it. I have had the W800 before and went back to using a good old nokia!

Have a look at www.mobile-review.com and www.pixmania.com for other people's opinions.
    cheers for the info, i'd love to have a go at one, might pop into a phone shop and see if i can get a demo.

Not happy bout the games thing though, as the games on my k750i come in very handy when i'm stuck in the girlfriends house while she is getting ready to head out!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

I have a Samsung D900 and i have to say, not only is it the best phone I have ever seen or used, I also cant imagine there being a better phone on the market. It looks the business, it has a micro SD slot so i have 1gb of tunes, bluetooth, a 3megapixel camera and a feature I find very hand is a document viewer. I work with computers and now with my D900 i can open PDF's, Excell sheets, Powerpoint, Word and other computer files!!! I also use the bluetooth a lot to transfer the files. The phone is also the smallest and lightest slider phone on the market. I also didnt mention the TV output and the excellent sound on the D900!!

I know Im raving on about the D900 now but really, I cant stress how happy I am with mine. Its looks a lot slicker than any other phone on the market and since getting one im now going to stick with samsung as I said i would do with nokia before until they lost ground with their mobiles!!

As with any phone there are negatives such as there being no radio built in, no personalised message tone and its not too easy to add new games to the phone but in my opinion these are not too important.

My friend has a K800 and after playing around with my D900 he's going to ditch the SE and get one. Im sure the K800 is a great phon but theres no way I would swap mine for it. I have had the W800 before and went back to using a good old nokia!

Have a look at www.mobile-review.com and www.pixmania.com for other people's opinions.

ps - it has a flash camera too and autofocus. You do have to be really still when taking photo's. On this it defo lacks behind Sony Ericssons

Advertisement