Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lads urgent password query

• 14-03-2007 10:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭

Lads

we have taken a server back to our office from a company we liquidated. i had the username and password but for some stupid reason i changed the domain to a workgroup (dont ask why)

after doing that i cant logon now as the username password from the old domain wont work.

ive also tried that offline nt password reset (used it before) but it doesnt seem to work, cant find the partition windows is loaded on

its a windows 2003 server.

any ideas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

You won't be able to login with the old domain account because you removed the machine from that domain.

Why do you need to use that account anyway ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i dont know any other?

the cos acc software is on the system and we need to use it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

KTRIC wrote:
    You won't be able to login with the old domain account because you removed the machine from that domain.
    That's pretty much it. Unless the machine was a Domain Controller, then once it's removed from the domain, the domain credentials won't work.

You'll have to google it. There are plenty of tools out there for resetting the Administrator password on a windows machine, just keep trying them I guess :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Get the AdminPak from Sysinternals. Should be able to help you out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

have a look in documents and settings - the folder names should give you clues to users who have logged on the the machine - you might get lucky ( linux boot disk, recovery console or dos disk with ntfsdos to see the folders )

what was the default local admin pw during setup ? - try a blank one !

IIRC 2003 doesn't have a normal repair/system folder so you can't roll the sam etc. back ( someone please tell me I'm wrong here !)

do you have any backups of the system that you could restore the system state from ? (messy though without rights )

if the nt password reset can't find the partition - are you using RAID or something that would need special drivers - try a linux boot CD like knoppix or ubuntu to see if will recognise the HD

• Advertisement
Advertisement