Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VB.NET changing the form action

Options
  • 14-03-2007 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I am a bit of a newbie to vb.net - running visual studio 2005.

My master page contains a form. Now my contetn placeholder within this contains all my pages.

1st page i want a submit button on the page. and the onsubmit value to redirect me to my 2nd page.
    now i want to change the "action" for the form when it gets to this page.

Is there any way to do this?

I know i can using Javascript but i want to stay away from that for the time being.
    At the moment i use a response.redirect - but i have a feeling this is entirely wrong way to go about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I would say Response.Redirect would be your first port of call. You could set the PostBackURL property of the submit button on the first page but that will require JavaScript and you've said you want to avoid it. Plus by the sounds of things navigating may not be the only thing you want the submit button to do.

Advertisement