Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Merc C180 auto

Options
  • 14-03-2007 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

hi folks am thinking of getting a new c180 auto

do any of you drive one and can give opinions on the car?
    whats the fuel economy like?

im currently driving an avensis 2.0d4d but like the c180.. and the auto box is nice....whats the build quality like and reliability?

also are there any issues with it? is it worth buying new? or buying one with a few km on the clock? how ,much would i save roughly by doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭useeme

new model being launched later this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

what_car wrote:
    hi folks am thinking of getting a new c180 auto

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055064481

Lots of fans here! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

You would be better off buying a used car and get the highest spec you can.

You will loose a lot over the next year due to the new model arriving as mentioned !

Any issues with the W203 C-Class have been well and truely sorted at this stage. I owned a C200K and loved it, never had any faults !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭secman

Have had one for last 4 years, the Coupe version, 6 speed manual. Lovely car to drive, BUT the service costs are quite high in the Main dealers.

Mini service cost approx €550 ( A ) and main service (B) approx €,1100. These alternate if you know what I mean. Say yr 1 A, yr 2 B and so forth.
    Also the warranty was only 1 year. A pump in petrol tank went after 18 mnths and under duress they agreed to pay 75%, i had to foot 25% of cost. Total cost was €1250 ! Also had to replace rere shocks €550. All my previous cars were Jap cars and I found them to be much more reliable and reasonable. No comparison in drives though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

secman wrote:
    Have had one for last 4 years, the Coupe version, 6 speed manual. Lovely car to drive, BUT the service costs are quite high in the Main dealers.

Mini service cost approx €550 ( A ) and main service (B) approx €,1100. These alternate if you know what I mean. Say yr 1 A, yr 2 B and so forth.
    Also the warranty was only 1 year. A pump in petrol tank went after 18 mnths and under duress they agreed to pay 75%, i had to foot 25% of cost. Total cost was €1250 ! Also had to replace rere shocks €550. All my previous cars were Jap cars and I found them to be much more reliable and reasonable. No comparison in drives though !

fek thats expensive! 550 yoyos for an oil change, now thats a bit rough!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

new model being launched later this year

and the new model is yuck!

Advertisement