Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 Live Problem?

• 14-03-2007 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Last night for the first time, I tried to connect my Xbox 360 to Xbox Live. I'm using a Netopia router and a wired connection. Anyway, I went to the "Join Xbox Live" option and it said checking network. It then said there was an update available and I would need to install this first. So I accepted it and it started the update but then crashed with a message saying "Cannot download content, please check your network settings.

I've done the Network settings test, and its getting as far as the Xbox Live check but its then asking me to do the update and crashing again. I've set up 3 profiles on the router (as suggested on www.portforward.com) to open the connection ports but it just won't work.

Are there settings or something that I need to get from Eircom or something that needs to be done on Eircoms end? I really want to get this up and running by the weekend so any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

I'm no computer expert but I had the same problem when first setting up. All I did was turned my firewall settings to low and that sorted it. The firewall is stopping the Xbox from getting online.
    Hope this helps.
    J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭damiennolan

There's a potentially similar and hopefully helpful thread a little bit further down the forum.

Here's the link just in case
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055064612

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Spuddie

This guide is really helpful.

Worked like a charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

Spuddie wrote:
    This guide is really helpful.

Worked like a charm.
    hey spuddio dude that guide is totally killer worked like a charm u rock man! hahaha lol

Advertisement