Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Implement RSS feed

Options
  • 14-03-2007 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭

I am in the process of implementing RSS feeds for certain sections of a site I work on. However I've noticed that articles that have been removed or archived from the site are still appearing in the newsreader (Newsgator).

The site is corporate-type rather than being personal/blog/Web 2.0-tastic so accuracy is pretty important.

Can anyone provide any suggestions on this please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Individual applications may cache previous entries in the feed, there is nothing you can do about this. The RSS format doesn't have a mechanism to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You'll probably need to set the content expiration on the web server to tell the reader not to cache the feed.

Advertisement