Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kona Coiler - Stacks of upgrades, like new. €1200

Options
  • 14-03-2007 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭

This WAS what it came like, but take time to notice the upgraded specs on mine.....

http://www.konabikes.co.uk/2k4bikes/2k4bikes/2k4_coiler.cfm - You need to use IE to view it correctly

2004 Kona Coiler 18" (I'd say medium/largeish) - Mint condition, no scratches or dents anywhere - it's like new and has been incredibly well looked after
    7" Front travel - 2004 Super T Pro's (Came on 2004 Stinky) with DJ bottoms to I could use the original front QR wheel.
    A spotless assembly and provides full, fluid, plush travel
    - I have the original bottoms too, if you'd prefer them we can sort something out (but you'd need a QR20 wheel)
    5" Rear travel - Fox Vanilla R with ProPedal damping and the stock spring - again, like new
    Race Face Ride XC Isis crankset - Race Face rings have minimal wear, almost new
    Race Face SRX ISIS bottom bracket - smooth and noise free
    Sun Rims built on Shimano M475 disc hubs, front and rear - Straight and true
    New LX brake levers, New Deore Calipers, NEW 8" XT Rotors - All NEW, just installed to replace the original Hayes HFX-9 XC's
    XT 9spd rapidfire shifter set, installed a couple of months back
    LX low normal (oh I don't know....The spring pulls it to the smallest cog) derailleur etc.
    All new Clark coated gear cables, inner and outer.
    Easton DH riser bars - Wide reach, haven't cut them and they're spotless of course
    Kona DH stem - very short reach <50mm I'd guess
    Wellgo bear traps - NEW or you can have a set of SPD's if you'd prefer - In fact, you can have both.
    Pana Fire FR 2.4" tyres - Brand new, new tubes and tape too.
    SDG Saddle, IRC post etc.
    New grips, blah blah blah.

Lads, this bike is mechanically and cosmetically like new, only with better spec. It's a minter.

I'll be moving (finally) to an apartment soon and will have to cut down my 5 bike stable to 2

Sadly, I just don't have a need for this FR/DH yoke - Especially if it means getting rid of something else to keep it.

I could ask more and we could haggle, but I'd rather just state and sell for a fair price.

My very fair asking price is €1200

Can arrange delivery for a reasonable price (like 50c per mile, charged one way to cover return juice costs), or included in the price if in Dublin

Pictures to follow tonight.

Come and have a spin if you're interested - Dundrum area, not far from Balally LUAS station, M50 etc.

Advertised elsewhere so I reserve the right to sell privately, off boards. I won't deal off thread, so post your interest here first. No silly offers thanks, it's worth every cent I'm asking and more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Sounds like a great machine. One recommendation if you want to help shift it - put up some actual geometry measurements, even if that means buying a tape measure :) (That goes for everyone selling bikes online)

Best of luck with it (you already know you're nuts selling it)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Thanks Trojan,

Will do. I'll also get around to taking the photos too this evening - Got stuck in work last night...

Gil

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

nice bike man,has it been raced?? any crashes?? i dont suppose youd be interested in breaking it for parts, id be interested in the brakes , wheels, gears, fork.

i have a kona scab dirt jump frame at the moment faced and with a fsa pig headset, id be willing to trade that + money if your interested??

gil..kona world give the geometry of the frame.

i hate the bs on this site when people including admin try to make it look like they know somthing bout bikes and post a ridiculous statement like..all bikes sold must have geometry given!!! i mean wtf??? i can imagine people trying to measure head angles and the like, geometry varies in the way its measured a prime example being gt. what the hell does it matter until you actually sit on it and ride it?? angles and distances are just numbers, and the different fork would make it feel different from other coilers anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Thanks anyway Kona, but I'm not going to break this bike for parts - I want rid of the whole bike, not adding to the parts box :D. I actually have the makings of a Kona Roast sitting here too!

Still haven't got around to taking photos....Maybe this evening. I'll also get the measuring tape out and report back on the approx. standover height etc. If it helps, I'd say it'll comfortably fit anything from around a 30" inseam upwards... Regarding the forks - You can adjust the rake (reach and steerer tube angle) using the 2" of height adjustment by raising or lowering the triple clamp crown. At the moment, it's around 71 degrees, so good fast steering. If you wanted to race it, you could extend the rake, relaxing the steering a bit and making the steering fell 'slower' in the process - Preferable if you're bateing it downhill. It's really a very tuneable bike.....

It's never been raced, never crashed, never trashed and not a scratch. You will not find a better condition coiler/stinky for the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 conordaly123

any chance the bike is still for sale??and whether the price has changed??

• Advertisement
Advertisement