Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iMode MSN Messenger

• 14-03-2007 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I had a quick look in the previous pages but didn't see any mention of this.

o2 are offering MSN Messenger on iMode for free until June 1st. Could be very handy to have. I'm just wondering, if you use the freebie until June 1st, will they automatically charge you for the subscription the next day? Also, is there any alternative "free" program out there that will allow you to sign on to MSN?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

cormie wrote:
    Hi,
    I had a quick look in the previous pages but didn't see any mention of this.

o2 are offering MSN Messenger on iMode for free until June 1st. Could be very handy to have. I'm just wondering, if you use the freebie until June 1st, will they automatically charge you for the subscription the next day? Also, is there any alternative "free" program out there that will allow you to sign on to MSN?

Not sure if they will automatically begin to charge you the monthly €10 after the free period.

Go for IM+ or Agile, they cost a bit but it's worth it.
    As a budget choice, Mig33, it's free! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Are the ones you mentioned workable on phones now yeah? See I'm not sure, what's the story with the MSN thing, do you pay the tenner and then imode charges too or does the sub charge take care of the imode charges? What about the other ones you mentioned? It would just be to talk on msn if I need to, not to do anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

Well been using it for the past week, and it is a pay your tenner a month and data is free when using msn. To be honest its good when it works, which is not often! And will murder your battery if you leave it on. Nice idea, shame the way it works. Not worth the tenner a month. Thats my 2 cents....... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

deecom wrote:
    Well been using it for the past week, and it is a pay your tenner a month and data is free when using msn. To be honest its good when it works, which is not often! And will murder your battery if you leave it on. Nice idea, shame the way it works. Not worth the tenner a month. Thats my 2 cents....... ;)

I am told that you can safely switch it off but stay online. When somebody messages you, you will than receive an "imail" notification within a few seconds letting you know so you can log in and reply/chat away. :)

So how much will it cost to spend say, 10 hours a month using and how much would the free ones cost to be connected to?

• Advertisement

Tenner a month no matter how much you use it. And its free till May. Give it a go Cormie and see what ya think, i wasn't blown away by it though.

Is that including iMode connection time? See I'm really unfamiliar with imode, but would it not cost to beconnected the same way it would cost to browse to a website?

Yeah it includes the time spent online. So it will come up on your bill as GPRS connection, 0.00 euro. The amount of data moved is small anyway, but from what i can see thats how it works. Give it a go as i said before, i can't see a use as such for it, unless your phone has full size keyboard. ( an xda might work well with it) And also the fact you need a imode phone not a lot of them really....

Advertisement