Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Written off Tyre

Options
  • 14-03-2007 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Was pulling in on a main street lettin off a mate of mate of mine when i drove over one of those public drains to take the rain water off the main street. The problem is though that the street was resurfaced a while ago (couple of months and they still havent raised these to their proper road level. Anyway drove over it (it was deceptively deep and I certainly felt it). drove on a few hundred meters when i realised i had a flat (very lucky thats all as I have a 16inch alloys on the car). The tyre has a slit on the wall of about 20mm. Got a new tyre anyway 205/55 110euro!!!! Going to try and claim off the council but does any1 know the procedure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Take a few photographs of the drain & the tyre. You'll have to write a lettere into the council offices. You're probably better off bringing up the issue with your local friendly councillor. It will more than likely fall on deaf ears.
    I know someone who got their claim honoured, it took a while. In the end he brought the damaged tyre to the offices & ranted & raved until he got a resolution (well, so he says anyway:))

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I split the sidewall of one of my tyres last night at a bad pothole. Going to try and claim off the local council... not very optimistic though.

Advertisement