Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Office Licence Key

• 14-03-2007 12:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭

i have microsoft office installed one laptop but I want to put it onto another laptop of mine. Alas I lost the licence key. Is there anyway to find it? Bear in mind any instructions ye give me will have to be fairly simple as I'm not big into programs and files and stuff.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

You want to put it on two machines at once?

You would need a separate licence for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Unless you have a volume license key you can only use it on one machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Balls!!

I got this licence key and laptop from a credit union. There were probably a hundred or so bought at the same time as me. The licence key was printed on a sheet of paper so maybe it was a volume key.How would you find it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

It wouldnt be a volume key if it came with the machine
    Volume license keys are for offices and places that need multiple installs.
    You could always ring Microsoft and tell them your old machine is totally screwed and you need a new license key

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Do you have the original install media. If so, Microsoft will help you move the license from one machine to another if you ring them up for help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Does the Retail EULA for office not allow an install on one machine for multiple users, and on a second machine for the sole use of the licence owner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I know the Retail version of 2007 Home and Student allows installation on up to three machines.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

seamus wrote:
    Does the Retail EULA for office not allow an install on one machine for multiple users, and on a second machine for the sole use of the licence owner?
    IIRC it allows you to install on a desktop and The primary user to use it on a laptop, provided only one copy is used at a time.

So if it's already on a laptop you can't copy it PERIOD.

Have a look at help and about - if it says OEM, you can't move it ( unless it was upgraded into a corporate subscription within the first 90 days - which won't apply to your copy as they would have reinstalled the coporate version )

Magic Jelly Bean keyfinder will ID many but not all keys, also newer versions of office need activation.

http://www.openoffice.org or start saving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

belarc advisor

it outputs to a html page and gives serial numbers for all your software that require one

handy just in case you ever lose them

it also gives a full system rundown (hardware & software)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Why not try OpenOffice? End of problem. :Dwww.openoffice.org

• Advertisement

Oracle wrote:
    Why not try OpenOffice? End of problem. :Dwww.openoffice.org
    Its amazing how no matter how long some people are around, they just don't learn...
    No Off-Topic Advocacy: When someone asks a question in relation to their current OS/browser/mailer/etc, either answer the question or don't post. If they want an alternative, they'll ask for it. Off-topic advocacy will be sent to the Recycle Bin and repeat offenders may be banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I know the Retail version of 2007 Home and Student allows installation on up to three machines.

That's so true....

There was a question about the Office EULA.
    There was no clear specified version of Office mentioned.
    My comment may have bourne some relevance. Yours couldn't possibly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Folks

I found what I need

Thanks for the advice

TheNog

Advertisement