Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Valuation

Options
  • 14-03-2007 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭

Hi, can anyone help me. I was wondering what the value of a Fiat Uno 1.1 L 1996 is. One lady owner, 55K miles - genuine. NCT until 2009. Running pretty well.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Maybe €500?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

dixiefly wrote:
    Hi, can anyone help me. I was wondering what the value of a Fiat Uno 1.1 L 1996 is. One lady owner, 55K miles - genuine. Running pretty well.

Thanks.

Are there any equivalent ones on www.carzone.ie or www.cbg.ie? If there are, have a look at the average price. And remember that this is the asking price, not the sale price.

OT, but still can't for the life of me figure out why "one lady owner" is a postive selling point. Of everyone I know, it is the blokes who keep their car better serviced and in better general condition.

eoin_s wrote:
    OT, but still can't for the life of me figure out why "one lady owner" is a postive selling point. Of everyone I know, it is the blokes who keep their car better serviced and in better general condition.
    I'd also like to know what is meant by the term "lady".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

New NCT on old car = € 1500

peasant wrote:
    New NCT on old car = € 1500
    Not on a 96 FIAT Uno, i'm afraid. I'm actually quite fond of them, having gone around Europe in one as a student. That said, the car's not worth that much.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

While we're at it, what are genuine miles? Is it just to say that it hasn't been clocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

MarkR wrote:
    While we're at it, what are genuine miles? Is it just to say that it hasn't been clocked?

That's what I'd take it to mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

dixiefly wrote:
    Running pretty well.

Oh god, in car sales speak is this a bit like saying it's got good brakes - just that they're in a box in the boot?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it's worth up to 500 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Thanks for that. Perhaps I should have said 1 careful owner. So it looks like I should ask for €600/650 and settle for the closest that I can get to that.

• Advertisement

dixiefly wrote:
    Thanks for that. Perhaps I should have said 1 careful owner. So it looks like I should ask for €600/650 and settle for the closest that I can get to that.
    Sounds fair. It's an unusual car, at the end of the day it's worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

eoin_s wrote:
    I'd consider it a very negative point on something like a Mazda RX8, where I can't see a woman making sure the rotary is up to operating temp on each trip and lifting the bonnet to check the oil every 2nd fill....
    On some cars I'd consider it a plus (provided a fsh was included!).

eoin_s wrote:
    Are there any equivalent ones on www.carzone.ie or www.cbg.ie? If there are, have a look at the average price. And remember that this is the asking price, not the sale price.

One lady owner means not a drop of extra oil is put in it between services.
    If the services are even done..

OP clean it up a bit and put it on a few supermarket notice boards. Its basicly a shopping cart I think you will find if you pick a reasonable price and pick the right place to advertise it, it will go in no time.

Advertisement