Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sports Jerseys

• 14-03-2007 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭

So, what do you think? Can these be considered fashionable?
    Personally, I think wearing soccer shirts can make you look like a scumbag (especially Celtic Jerseys), and GAA shirts make you look like a bogger. That's just my opinion.
    What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

It's all about what you wear them with, a soccer jersey with nice jeans , smart shoes and glasses to suit the weather will not make you look like a scumbag.

Besides, random teams rugby jerseys seem to be replacing soccer jerseys as the jersey of choice.

Then you have all sorts of other sports, I'm a fan of the "street" look and were this a Yankee board I would say I wore a lot of throwbacks, but as it is I will settle for saying Basketball and American Football jerseys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Rugby shirts are a bit more respectable looking for some reason, but you still won't look fashionable imo...

Rugby shirts are a bit more respectable looking for some reason, but you still won't look fashionable imo...

Depends ENTIRELY on the jersey in my opinion, some of them are very nice. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Jimmy Hoffa

What exactly is abogger?Someone who was not born in the great dublin area.
    You probably still live at home with the parents and still suck off your mothers hind tit.

• Advertisement

Also, what exactly is wrong with being a "bogger"?

I'm from the country and I can bet you anything that I look better, cook better and **** better than you city boys!!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

What exactly is abogger?Someone who was not born in the great dublin area.
    You probably still live at home with the parents and still suck off your mothers hind tit.
    Relax, It was kinda meant as a joke.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

daveirl wrote:

but not from Dublin city! I tend to find that boggers generally think there are few 'born and bred' dubs, but thats because ye all stick to bogger pubs in Dublin!

Until I went to college I knew practically no boggers at all, everyone I grew up with was 'born and bred' dub. You'd be surprised how many of us there are around!

bogger is used in the nicest possible way above, some of my best friends are boggers/culchies. of course they have their own name for proper boggers 'muck savages'. This was news to me. There are even muck savage pubs apparently, like that place on the quays with the ceile in the middle of the day. I still don't really get the difference, but do keep an eye out for people in headbands with velcro closure. I also not that they don't need a derisory nickname for us any more, just saying "sure he's only a dub' is enough nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Retro football jerseys can look pretty cool, check out somewhere like http://www.scoredraw.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

I agree with the OP. Celtic= skanger GAA=Bogger

But my sunderland jersey makes me look like the legend I am :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Dragan wrote:
    Also, what exactly is wrong with being a "bogger"?

I'm going to presume that's a rhetorical question and let you away with it.....this time.
    Dragan wrote:
    I'm from the country and I can bet you anything that I look better, cook better and **** better than you city boys!!!! :p

I know you're getting bigger but that's some workout you're giving your ego :p (j/k btw, don't hurt me....I'm fragile)
    daveirl wrote:

3 generations right here my man, beat it before I rob ya ;)

Anyways, imo.......soccer jersey = vertically-peaked-cap skobie, GAA jersey = cabbage eating bog warrior...........but sure what do I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Sports jerseys are just about permitted when playing a match or watching one. GAA jerseys are easily the worst purely because of the eye-watering psychedelic designs and they are especially hideous on women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

I only wear them playing football (which is rare these days). Am I mad?:D
    AC MIlan and Inter jerseys are nice, but the blanket coverage of European football makes them less exotic than when Van Basten played for them. Buy a Dukla Prague away kit. It's a song you know?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

LOL.

Sports jerseys can never be considered fashionable, and those attempting to wear them on nights out will just look like scum, regardless of the rest of their outfit.

Leave them in the closet until match days, perhaps lazy days around the house or training.

This thread reminds me of that ridiculous new LifeStyle Sports ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Steady on, I find it hard to walk around with a prejuidiced opinion that everyone wearing a sports top is, or looks like, a scumbag. They're just misguided. Footall tops are for playing football. Rugby tops are for playing rugby. End of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This is a divisive topic! Firstly, sports tops are for daywear only. Secondly, a lot depends on your choice of jersey. My bf has quite a collection of soccer jerseys, a lot of European teams, with jerseys that aren't easily bought here. Some of them look quite good (the all black Ajax away jersey for instance).

GAA tops suffer from the fact that they are made from the crappest material known to man. It is the cheapest-looking fabric I've ever seen. And it looks terrible on women for some reason.

Rugby jerseys, because they're made from cotton, for the most part, look more respectable, but again, I don't think that they're appropriate for a night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

If you're a true fan of football club then there is no bigger pride than wearing the colours of your team! I dont wear jerseys casually that often, mostly on match days, but if I do wear my shirt I wear it with a cool pair of jeans and shoes.... wearing a football shirt with a trackie bottoms and nikey runners is skangertastic!

I do have to agree wearing a Celtic jersey does make you look like a scumbag..... see my sig for further evidence! :)

Advertisement