Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1999 Suzuki Baleno 1.6GSI 16v

Options
  • 14-03-2007 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

What price do you have on it? Mileage?

Give us the links to your carzone/adverts.ie ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's about 1300 too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I'd imagine the fact that it's quite a rare and unknown car wouldn't be helping either.
    Are there any Irish Suzuki owners/enthusiasts clubs/forums where you might find a potential buyer? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 telliott

Stephen wrote:
    What price do you have on it? Mileage?

Give us the links to your carzone/adverts.ie ads.

Its on the carzone website under the suzuki section, looking for €3300 for it only 80k miles.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote:
    It's about 1300 too expensive

Thats the goin price range for that car man go learn some more about cars and then come back to me

fletch wrote:
    I'd imagine the fact that it's quite a rare and unknown car wouldn't be helping either.
    Are there any Irish Suzuki owners/enthusiasts clubs/forums where you might find a potential buyer? :confused:

Yea your right it is fairly rare, its originally from England. Theres a big Suzuki Baleno enthusiasts group in England Clubaleno.co.uk but none over here. Its good car and quick, cos its so light and has 1.6 16v engine its basically a toyota most of the car is toyota parts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

telliott wrote:
    Thats the goin price range for that car man go learn some more about cars and then come back to me

Obviously not, seeing as you haven't been able to sell it, man. A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

connundrum wrote:
    Obviously not, seeing as you haven't been able to sell it, man. A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
    Eh did u not tink that its hard for some people to get insured on it man thats why its hard to sell it plus the fact that most people dont have a clue about the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

3,300 for a 99 with 80k miles is a fair price.

Your problem is that the Baleno is too "sporty" for your average second or third car buyer, as a1.6 it's too big for beginners and most typical "sporty" car drivers, it's to burgeois for the "Civic brigade" and too Japanese for "Golf"-ers.

All you can do really is either wait (possibly a long time) until a Baleno-type buyer surfaces or give it away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

telliott wrote:
    Eh did u not tink that its hard for some people to get insured on it man thats why its hard to sell it plus the fact that most people dont have a clue about the car.

Well then you've just answered your own question. I have been offered several cars ie. Golf GTI's, BMW's (2L+), a VZR, and a Skyline for what was considered to be far below the going rate, purely because the owners were so tired of waiting around for a buyer.

A person who is going to buy your car will generally be >25 in age because of what the car is and what it looks like. But you will come across very few young lads who will be able to get insured on it or will prefer your car to the likes of a Starlet GT/Glanza.

Hence going back to my comment of - the car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
    peasant wrote:
    3,300 for a 99 with 80k miles is a fair price.

Your problem is that the Baleno is too "sporty" for your average second or third car buyer, as a1.6 it's too big for beginners and most typical "sporty" car drivers, it's to burgeois for the "Civic brigade" and too Japanese for "Golf"-ers.

All you can do really is either wait (possibly a long time) until a Baleno-type buyer surfaces or give it away.

Agreed.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

telliott wrote:

LOL. Classic.

It's not really a "goin" price range if the car is not... well... going, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

telliott wrote:

If so then why come here asking why it isn't selling? The only other ones I see on carzone around your one are being sold by dealers. That is their asking price not the selling price and they probably offer warranties with theirs.

A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Unfortunately the Balano was not a popular car here, it is a 3 door hatch with a 1.6 litre engine which means alot of interested people may not be able to afford the insurance and other associated running costs.

Nobody here is having a go at you or your car mate, you asked for advice about how to sell it and that is what is being given here.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

What the lads said
    telliott wrote:
    go learn some more about cars and then come back to me

Best not post something like that again unless you want to make a complete fool of yourself ;)

bazz26 wrote:
    If so then why come here asking why it isn't selling? The only other ones I see on carzone around your one are being sold by dealers. That is their asking price not the selling price and they probably offer warranties with theirs.

A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Unfortunately the Balano was not a popular car here, it is a 3 door hatch with a 1.6 litre engine which means alot of interested people may not be able to afford the insurance and other associated running costs.

Nobody here is having a go at you or your car mate, you asked for advice about how to sell it and that is what is being given here.
    Yea was lookin on carzone and all the other Balenos on carzone are the saloon model this is the sport model

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

To be honest, most of the advice here is on the ball. A baleno simply isn't special enough to attract interest form a petrol head, the 1.6 is to thirsty and costs too much to tax and possibly to insure for the penny pincher.Larger engined hatchbacks simply aren't desireable in this country, a saloon might sell quicker where a cunning taximan would spot it's potential.
    telliott wrote:
    go learn some more about cars and then come back to me

Speaking of learning some more about cars, I'd love to know where you got this gem from?
    telliott wrote:
    its basically a toyota most of the car is toyota parts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Yeah, I don't know where he got that from. It's based on the same platform as the Swift (Cultus) and uses Suzuki's G family of engines (yours being the G16A or B).

I don't know of any relation between Suzuki and Toyota, and it's highly dubious as they have significant links with GM, and also Toyota mostly own Daihatsu who would probably be Suzuki's closest competitor in the car market.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Thread closed at OP's request

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement