Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinosaurs in Cork

Options
  • 14-03-2007 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

My little nephew is going through a phase where anything dino-related is high on his list of priorities. Actually, he's 8, so his list is pretty much just "dinosaurs". Is there anything dinosaur related in Cork city or beyond? Even natural history stuff kinda appeals to him, so anything in that area would be helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

I haven't been there myself, but I've seen the Dino Café in Doneraile mentioned by people a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

i was there nice grub,it was a family occasion. the room we dined in was amazing it had mythical creatures in it. i believe it may have been going under improvements,so its best to check. it would be a fantastic place for a convention

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Sorry it's not a venue to bring him to - but I got my 7 year old nephew the Triple DVD pack of Jurassic Park - he's watching it morning, noon and night - he loves it! Also, into Dino stuff. (Although not Dino related - Fota Wildlife Park - will always bring a smile to any kid's face!). Smyths stores - they had a load of plastic dino's sold individually (well at least I'm sure I saw them there at Christmas time). Good Luck!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Try the Art and Hobby shops - they are in Wilton SC and Douglas Court (Dunnes) SC (at least) . They certainly have the excavate a dinosaur kit which goes down well and they may have dino models.

Advertisement