Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things i love about Kilkenny

Options
  • 14-03-2007 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Im from Dublin and moved here in 2005 and love it so thought id balance things out!!

1. The People. Totally straight up hardworking people. You always know where you stand with a Kilkenny person - no messin!

2. Irishtown. I love Cleeres, the pumphouse, Ian in the Widows, late drunken nights in Annacondas. Sometimes the music is just god awful but the craic is brilliant and theres alwayd a decent band on somewhere!

3. Kilkennymusic.com - brilliant group of lads doing alot for Kilkenny music. Not always my type of thing but i can safely say its due to a couple of those members introducing me to the scene here that im still in Kilkenny.

4. The restaurants. Mouth watering restaurants to be found. I could easily become quite happily over weight in Kilkenny!

5. Hairdressers - So reasonably priced and so many great ones to choose from.

6. Airports - can choose between Cork and Dublin for easy trips!

8. Jobs - Plenty of them going!

9. Beautiful Countryside - you can jump in the car at the weekend and explore Woodstock, the dunmore caves, Jerpoint Abbey etc etc!

10. Inistioge in the summer - need i say more!

Ive made some wonderful friends here and just feel Kilkenny is a place full of potential if you look in the right places.

I also find staying away from John Street can help! :D

Anyway theres probably loads more and i have had some bad experiences along the way but theres loads of great things about here!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

8. Jobs - Plenty of them going! Im in KCLR now and love it.

One of the South East's Top Radio Stations.:rolleyes:

Not all of John St is bad:mad: :mad: Langtons is on John St, Matt The Millers, Boston Bar,Biddy's. Admit the other end is not great:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Jobs!!! I can't find any in the field in which I am qualified. I think the jobs scene here is awful.

I think all of John Street is a kip, including Fatty Millers, Langtons et al. The only place worthy of my business is Ming Court.

anyway to continue with the list...

11. The Cat Laughs weekend - the best weekend in the city, lots of people around, great atmosphere, and lots of great comedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Oh another one is having lunch in Kilkenny Castle gardens ............ bliss!

Another - only takes me 10 minutes to get to and from work. Longest ive ever been in traffic is 15 minutes!

Nightwish wrote:
    Jobs!!! I can't find any in the field in which I am qualified. I think the jobs scene here is awful.

I think all of John Street is a kip, including Fatty Millers, Langtons et al. The only place worthy of my business is Ming Court.

anyway to continue with the list...

11. The Cat Laughs weekend - the best weekend in the city, lots of people around, great atmosphere, and lots of great comedy.

Sorry to hear that Nightwish. Have to say theres always pages of jobs in the KP and there seems to be more and more agencies every time I check.

This is of course probably a rose tinted out siders view - get me started on Dublin and id be moaning for hours!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Well I have a job at the moment, its just not what I want to do. I will agree that KK is a million times better than Dublin. Having lived in Dublin for 5 years, I can literally say moving back here is definately a breath of fresh air. Oh and I do love the 6 minute drive to work!

• Advertisement

Nightwish wrote:
    Fatty Millers, Langtons et al. The only place worthy of my business is Ming Court.

:p:p Fatty Millers, I Like It:D Good 1 Nightwish.

Ming Court is the best!

Hey djpaul - youre a dj...what do you play?
    Im looking for dj's at the moment!!

BeatNikDub wrote:
    Hey djpaul - youre a dj...what do you play?
    Im looking for dj's at the moment!!

By Name, By Nature:D An eclectic mix!

Advertisement